System Requirements & Instructions
SQL Server Setup requires Microsoft Windows Installer 4.5 or a later version
After installing required components, SQL Server Setup will verify that the computer where SQL Server 2008 willbe installed also meets all the other requirements for a successful installation. For more information
– – –
• Referred the above mentioned sites and ensured that your system meet all the requirements
• You have planned your Instance name if it is a named Instance
• You have planned all the Data Directory. Ie. Where to keep System Databases, TempDB, and UserDatabases.(if not you can go by Default but it is not generally recommended).
• You have planned Startup Account for all the services. (if not you can go by Default but it is not generallyrecommended.)
• You have a list of features that you wants to install. Like if you are not going to use Filestream no need toconfigure that during installation
SQ L Server Setup installs the follow ing softw are com ponents required by the product
* . .
NET Framework 3 5 SP11
SQL Server Native Client
SQL Server Setup support files