firstname.lastname@example.org ☻Page 3 of 202☻
- Warning Messages, Event Messages, Program Generated Messages.
8. Types of Parallel Processing?
A) Parallel Processing is broadly classified into 2 types.a)
- Symmetrical Multi Processing. b)
- Massive Parallel Processing.
9. Orchestrate Vs Datastage Parallel Extender?
A) Orchestrate itself is an ETL tool with extensive parallel processing capabilities andrunning on UNIX platform. Datastage used Orchestrate with Datastage XE (Beta versionof 6.0) to incorporate the parallel processing capabilities. Now Datastage has purchasedOrchestrate and integrated it with Datastage XE and released a new version Datastage 6.0i.e Parallel Extender.
10. Importance of Surrogate Key in Data warehousing?
A) Surrogate Key is a Primary Key for a Dimension table. Most importance of using it isit is independent of underlying database. i.e. Surrogate Key is not affected by the changesgoing on with a database.
11. How to run a Shell Script within the scope of a Data stage job?
A) By using "ExcecSH" command at Before/After job properties.
12. How to handle Date conversions in Datastage? Convert a mm/dd/yyyy format toyyyy-dd-mm?
A) We use a) "Iconv" function - Internal Conversion. b) "Oconv" function - External Conversion.Function to convert mm/dd/yyyy format to yyyy-dd-mm isOconv(Iconv(Filedname,"D/MDY[2,2,4]"),"D-MDY[2,2,4]")
13 How do you execute datastage job from command line prompt?
A) Using "dsjob" command as follows.dsjob -run -jobstatus projectname jobname
14. Functionality of Link Partitioner and Link Collector?Link Partitioner:
It actually splits data into various partitions or data flows usingvarious partition methods.
It collects the data coming from partitions, merges it into a single dataflow and loads to target.
15. Types of Dimensional Modeling?
A) Dimensional modeling is again sub divided into 2 types.a) Star Schema - Simple & Much Faster. Denormalized form. b) Snowflake Schema - Complex with more Granularity. More normalized form.
16. Differentiate Primary Key and Partition Key?