STEAMPAK SeriesDrumPAK Boiler Drum Level ControlS-STEAMPAK-DrumPAK
Standard Application Engineering
- This can includesetting up the TrimPAK controller database tocommunicate with other SteamPAK cotnrollers, addingFlue Gas Recirculation Control, configuration and displayof additional alarm and/or data acquisition points, orintegration with SteamVIEW software. (Note: FGRcontrol is not available if the Boiler Efficiency Calculationoption is selected).
Backup Memory Module
- provides redundant, remov-able non-volatile RAM which backs up the controllerdatabase. In addition, if left on the controller duringoperation, it is updated every 50ms with current processdata such as output values, controller mode, tuningparameters etc. This allows immediate re-start of thesystem after a power outage or equipment failure, withthe latest values.
Additional Data Acquisition / Alarm Points
- dependingon the options selected, up to 4 additional inputs oroutputs may be specified for data acquisiton or alarming.This option typically requires Custom ApplicationEngineering.
Custom Application Engineering
- if the standardTrimPAK configuration doesn’t meet your applicationneeds, MicroMod will work with you to develop a cost-effective solution to improve your boiler’s efficiency andoptimize your fuel consumption.
The MicroMod SteamPAK SERIES
DrumPAK is just one of MicroMod’s pre-engineeredpackages for industrial and institutional boiler controls.The SteamPAK family includes:
- plant master controller, withoptional lead/lag
- single-point jackshaft position control
Parallel position combustion controlsystem with O2 trim. Ideal for upgrading jackshaftcontrol systems to obtain maximum boiler efficiency.
- Fully metered combustion control systemwith O2 trim
- Burner Management SystemsCombustion control packages are also available for HighTemperature Hot Water systems.
Each DrumPAK includes:
DrumPAK controller, pre-configured, with the I/Orequired for one-, two- or three-element drumlevel control
Drum level transmitter with 3-valve manifold(optional)
All necessary documentation for the installation,startup and operation of the system.The DrumPAK controller is a multiloop controller withflexible, isolated I/O. It has a high-visibility displaywith clear, informative screens for ease of operation.The basic controller includes the CPU, power supply,vacuum fluorescent display, and terminal block. Thecontroller memory is non-volatile RAM which containsthe configured database and all current processparameters. The terminal block provides directconnection of field wiring at the rear of the controller.The power supply is 85-250Vac or 24Vcd, and thefront panel has a NEMA 4 rating. The controller alsoprovides failsafe and power fail-recovery settings forall configured parameters and output points.
DrumPAK is part of the SteamPAK series of pre-engi-neered boiler control packages. Each controller comesnetwork enabled, to connect to other packages in theSteamPAK series. This peer-to-peer network providessecure communications between SteamPAK controllersto ensure your boiler stays up and running regardless oftraffic or failures on the plant information network.
DrumPAK OPTIONSModbus Communications
- An RS-485 communicationsmodule is added to the controller to provide a secondnetwork connection for Modbus RTU over RS-485, forconnecting the TrimPAK controller to a host PC oroperator graphic panel.
- When purchased as part of theDrumPAK system, the controller and level transmitter arepre-ranged and pre-calibrated. No further adjustmentsare required. The transmitter provides local and infiniteadjustment of zero and span and has an accuracy of±0.075%. Two non-volatile EEPROMs, one in theprimary electronics and one in the secondary electronics,back up the transmitter configuration. When replacingthe electronics, the new assembly instantly recognizesthe original configuration.
The three-valve manifoldincludes a single mounting flange that allows thetransmitter to bolt directly to the manifold to simplifyinstallation.