Knowledge Area Chapter Outline Summaries
In order to decide how to come up with a game plan for study, we have outlined theKnowledge area chapters. The thought is that if you see them defined all in one place, itmay be easier to decide how to proceed with your study.
Chapter 4 – Project Integration Management4.1 – Project Plan Development
– Integrating and coordinating all project plans tocreate a consistent, coherent document.
4.2 – Project Plan Execution
– Carrying out the project plan by performing the activitiesincluded therein.
4.3 – Integrated Change Control
– Coordinating changes across the entire project.
Chapter 5 – Project Scope Management5.1 – Initiation
– Authorizing the project or phase.
5.2 – Scope Planning
– Developing a written scope statement as the basis for futuredecisions.
5.3 – Scope Definition
– Subdividing the major project deliverables into smaller, moremanageable components.
5.4 – Scope Verification
– Formalizing acceptance of the project scope
5.5 – Scope Change Control
– Controlling changes to project scope.
Chapter 6 – Project Time Management6.1 – Activity Definition
– Identifying the specific activities that must be performed to produce the various project deliverables
6.2 – Activity Sequencing
– identifying and documenting interactivity dependencies
6.3 – Activity Duration Estimating –
Estimating the number of work periods that will be needed to complete individual activities.
6.4 – Schedule Development
– Analyzing activity sequences, activity durations andresource requirements to create the project schedule.
6.5 – Schedule Control
– Controlling changes to the project schedule
Chapter 7 – Project Cost Management7.1 – Resource Planning
– Determining what resources (people, equipment, materials)and what quantities of each should be used to perform project activities.
7.2 – Cost Estimating
– Developing an approximation (estimate) of the costs of theresources needed to complete project activities.
7.3 – Cost Budgeting
– Allocating the overall cost estimates to individual work activities.
7.4 – Cost Control
– Controlling changes to the project budget.
Chapter 8 – Project Quality Management8.1 – Quality Planning
– Identifying which quality standards are relevant to the projectand determining how to satisfy them.
8.2 – Quality Assurance
– Evaluating overall project performance on a regular basis to provide confidence that the project will satisfy the relevant quality standards.