Conflict in Community Setting Part I
Conflict in community Settings
"Not all conflict is bad and not all cooperation is good"Conflict is inevitable, but combat is optional."Peace is not the absence of conflict but the presence of creative alternatives for responding toconflict - alternatives to passive or aggressive responses, alternatives to violence."
This compilation is not talking about
• Conflicts caused by criminals. These are for the police to deal with.
• Conflicts that occur within families or between individuals
- that are unrelated toour work as community organizers/ development workers/ or as livelihoodpromoters. These are for social services to deal with.
• Conflict caused by individuals who need medical help. These are for health care
professionals to deal with
This compilation won‘t provi
de instant answers to complex questions / solutionsfor violent conflict /or Instant project security
• This knowledge won‘t replace the
ground work the community organizers areexpected to do. This may help in understanding the communities and the contextand building relationships and trust.This material may help how to proceed our work in a careful manner anddesigning strategies in an appropriate manner
Conflict in Community Settings