Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Download
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
22Activity
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Water Resources

Water Resources

Ratings: (0)|Views: 481 |Likes:
Published by macpiyush
Detail about the topic
Detail about the topic

More info:

Categories:Types, Research, Science
Published by: macpiyush on Feb 07, 2010
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOC, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less

07/12/2013

pdf

text

original

 
Assignment: Water Resources
SUBMITTED BY:SAKSHI CHHABRA
 
1.0 INTRODUCTION
Water resources
are sources of water that are useful or potentially useful tohumans. Uses of water includeagricultural,industrial,household,recreationaland environmentalactivities. Virtually all of these human uses requirefresh water . 97% of water on the Earth is salt water, leaving only 3% as fresh water of whichslightly over two thirds is frozen inglaciersand polar  ice caps.The remaining unfrozen freshwater is mainly found as groundwater, with only a small fraction present aboveground or in the air.Fresh water is arenewable resource, yet the world's supply of clean, fresh water is steadily decreasing. Water demand alreadyexceeds supplyin many parts of the worldand as theworld populationcontinues to rise, so too does the water demand. Awarenessof the global importance of preservingwater for ecosystem serviceshas only recently emerged as, during the 20th century, more than half the world’swetlandshave been lostalong with their valuable environmental services.Biodiversity-richfreshwater   ecosystems are currently declining faster thanmarineor landecosystems.
 
The framework for allocating water resources to water users (where such a framework exists) is knownaswater rights.

Activity (22)

You've already reviewed this. Edit your review.
1 hundred reads
1 thousand reads
lithun liked this
Putu Santikayasa liked this
Anom Namaku liked this
Putu Santikayasa liked this
Wayaya2009 liked this
mmollah liked this
Saher Gazal liked this
jeenanu liked this

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
scribd
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->