what they noticed. They said their eyes were immediately drawn to the crotcharea! That drove home to me that clothes can emphasize the body or the face; I'drather have folks, especially men, notice my face and not my body. Again, this is myfeeling.The other thing that convinced me was the doctrine of separation from theworld. The fashion of the world is to wear pants (patterned after men's clothing).This wasn't the case until about 100 years ago, when actresses began wearing pantsuits that resembled men's suits. Before that, women almost universally woredresses (I remember my Granny saying that she wore her brother's overalls topick cotton to keep her legs from getting all scratched up). So the fashion of theworld became women wearing pants. I felt that, to be separate from the world, Ineeded to dress differently than the world. I also needed to be feminine anddistinctively female; there should be a noticeable difference between my clothesand a man's clothes. The difference in our culture is that women wear dresses andmen wear pants, so I believe it's right for me to wear dresses.Several years ago, my pastor gave some principles for Christian dress.They're very helpful, and they can be applied to male or female, pants or dresses.
1. Modesty - does this clothing cover me adequately? I Tim. 2:9
2. Not worldly - does this clothing reflect the current trends ofHollywood and TV? I John 2:15
3. Difference - does this clothing easily show there's a differencebetween me and the opposite gender? Deut. 22:5
4. Unoffensive - does this clothing offend a brother or sister inChrist? As a woman, will this cause my brother to stumble or thinklustfully about me? Rom 14:7-8,12-13 I Cor. 10:23; 8:13
5. Glorifies God - does this clothing glorify God, or does it callattention to me and glorify me? I Cor. 10:31As for this beign a matter between a wife, husband, and God:A saved man will encourage his wife to do what God is laying on her heart.Several ladies have mentioned how their husbands didn't see the need for dressesonly, but supported them in wearing them because the ladies felt that is what Godwanted them to do. With an unsaved husband, the dress issue can be a witness toher husband in one of two ways: if he doesn't mind her wearing dresses only, it canbe a witness of her changed life; if he doesn't want her to wear dresses only, her