09. The main characteristic of scientific research is
a) empirical b) theoreticalc) experimental d) all of the above
10. Authenticity of research finding is its
a) originality b) validityc) objectivity d) all of the above
11. The research that applies the laws at the time of field study to draw more and more clearideas about the problem is
a) applied research b) action researchc) experimental research d) none of the above
12. Which technique is generally followed when the population is finite?
a) area sampling technique b) purposive sampling techniquec) systematic sampling technique d) none of the above
13. When a research problem is related to heterogenous population, the most suitablesampling method is
a) cluster sampling b) stratified samplingc) convenient sampling d) systematic sampling
14. Fundamental research reflects the ability to
a) synthesise new idealsb) expound new principlesc) evaluate the existing materials concerning researchd) study the existing literature regarding various topics
15. The experimental study is based on
a) the manipulation of variables b) conceptual parametersc) survey of literature d) replication of research
16. What do you consider as the main aim of inter-disciplinary research?
a) to bring out holistic approach to researchb) to over simplifying the problem of researchc) to create a new trend in research methodologyd) to reduce the emphasis of single subject in the research domain
17. The study in which the investigators attempt to trace an effect is known as
a) survey research b) ex-post facto researchc) historical research d) summative research
18. Which of the following statement is not correct?
a) lecture method can develop knowledgeb) lecture method is one way processc) lecture method can develop reasoningd) during lecture method, students are passive