Judging Suicidal Tendencies from Horoscope
© Sarajit Poddar
1. The fourth house is the house of happiness (Sukha) and a person takes such step as suicide only when heis facing very troubling time. A person faces such miseries in life, if the 4th house is placed with maleficssuch as Sun, Mars, Saturn, Rahu. This also generates Matsya yoga, which makes a person verycompassionate and makes him understand others sorrow. If the 4th house is afflicted by Papakartari yoga,then also the person suffers misery. If the lord of the Sign in Marana Avastha or the in Debilitation ordefeated in planetary fight then it is incapable of protecting its house from evil influences. The personsuffers a lot if the karaka of 4th and 5th, Moon and Jupiter are also afflicted.
2. The 5th house is the house of Chitta (inner self) and this shows how much harmony do we have withinour self. If this is afflicted then the person can become insane. The person who is peaceful within can takemore miseries than someone who is not. It is not a good thing to have enemies of Jupiter in the 5th such asSaturn or Rahu.
3. In the previous step I only talked of the natural nature of planets. However, in the happening of this life,the functional nature of the planets have a lot more say. The lords of Dusthanas afflict the houses, wherethey are placed, with problems from enemies (6th) from our own past karma and weaknesses (8th) or pastdebts. If the lord of any houses are placed in these dusthanas, they also suffer similar fate.
4. Badhaka is very important for the matters of health and such things. Badhaka represent unknown evil forces, such as black majic or similar things. If Badhaka is placed in the 5th house, there is high likelihoodthat the person can go insane. Similarly the lords of the houses suffer because of the mentioned things, if they are placed in the badhaka sthana.
5. In all the cases, one has to see the reinforcing factors and salvaging factors. The factors which canreinforce evil is papakartkari yoga, aspect of natural malefics or placement of natural malefics in strengthin the kendras or trines to the bhava. The factors which salvage are the lord of the house, karaka of the houseaspecting the bhava or placed in kendra or trikona to the house, aspect of natural benefics etc. One has tostudy all these before finally pronuncing the results. The extent of affliction shall decide, the level of affecton the houses under consideration.