the way of the Lord."
3. "One mightier than I is coming after me."
4. "I have baptized you with water, He will baptize you with the
5. Seeing Jesus, John exclaims: "Behold the Lamb of God."
6. After Jesus' baptism a voice from Heaven: "This is my
beloved Son in whom I am well pleased."
7. The Spirit descends upon Jesus in the form of a dove.
8. In this heavenly manifestation is instituted the sacrament of
2. During the wedding feast the wine ran short.
3. Mary turned to Jesus: "They have no wine."
4. Jesus replied: "What would you have me do? My hour has
not yet come."
5. Mary said to the waiters: "Do whatever he tells you."
6. There were six stone water jars, each holding fifteen to
8. The chief steward said to the groom: "Every man serves the
good wine first... but you have saved the good wine until
1. "Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand."
2. "My kingdom is not of this world."
3. "Unless a man be born again of water and the Spirit, he
child will not enter into it."
5. "I have come to call sinners, not the just."
6. "Love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you."
7. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of
2. Jesus was transfigured before them.
3. "His face became as dazzling as the sun, his clothes as
6. Moses and Elias (representing the Law and the prophets of
the Old Testament) were conversing with Jesus about His
2. Jesus took bread, blessed it: "Take and eat, this is My Body."
3. Taking the wine: "This cup is the new covenant in my Blood,
shed for you."
4. At that eucharistic meal, Jesus celebrated the first Mass.
5. At every Mass the sacrifice of Calvary is made present.
6. At the Last Supper Jesus instituted the sacrament of Holy
"Here, as Christ descends into the waters, the innocent one who became 'sin' for our sake (cf.
2Cor 5:21), the heavens open wide and the voice of the Father declares him the beloved Son (cf.
Mt 3:17 and parallels), while the Spirit descends on him to invest him with the mission which he
is to carry out."
"The first of the signs, given at Cana (cf. Jn 2:1- 12), when Christ changes water into wine and opens the hearts of the disciples to faith, thanks to the intervention of Mary, the first among believers."
"The preaching by which Jesus proclaims the coming of the Kingdom of God, calls to conversion (cf. Mk 1:15) and forgives the sins of all who draw near to him in humble trust (cf. Mk 2:3-13; Lk 7:47- 48): the inauguration of that ministry of mercy which he continues to exercise until the end of the world, particularly through the Sacrament of Reconciliation which he has entrusted to his Church (cf. Jn 20:22-23)."
"The mystery of light par excellence is the Transfiguration, traditionally believed to have taken
place on Mount Tabor. The glory of the Godhead shines forth from the face of Christ as the
Father commands the astonished Apostles to 'listen to him' (cf. Lk 9:35 and parallels) and to
prepare to experience with him the agony of the Passion, so as to come with him to the joy of the
Resurrection and a life transfigured by the Holy Spirit."
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?