Chapter 2 : What the Message Comprised of In Terms of Explanation of the Principlesand Details of the Religion
The message of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) comprised of [see (61):9]- Beneficial Knowledge = Guidance [al-Hudaa]- Righteous Actions = Religion of Truth [Deen-ul-Haqq]
2.1 BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE [AL 'ILM-UN-NAFI']
- That which results in good for the Ummah in this world and next.- The most beneficial is that of Allaah, His Names, Attributes, Actions.a). It is the essence of Tawheed-ul-Ulooheeyah.b). It is the essence of the Prophetic call.c). By it, is the Religion supported.- It's impossible that the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) left it unclearly explainedbecause:
2.1.1 THE MESSAGE OF THE PROPHET (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) CONTAINED LIGHT AND GUIDANCE.
- And Allaah dispatched him as a bringer of glad tidings, a warner and a bright lamp.- And greatest most lasting light is that which enlightens the heart as a result of recognisingAllaah, His Names and Attributes.- Hence he must have explained it clearly.
2.1.2 THE PROPHET (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) TAUGHT THE UMMAH ALL IT NEEDED TO KNOW.
- He even gave some knowledge of the birds [cf. narration of Aboo Dharr].- Then surely he taught the knowledge of Allaah, His Names and Attributes.
2.1.3 EEMAAN IN THIS KNOWLEDGE IS:
- The basis of the Religion.- The essence of what the Messenger called to.- The most obligatory of knowledge.- The most excellent of things that the minds should grasp.- So how could he not teach it when he taught lesser matters?
2.1.4 THE PROPHET (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) WAS:
- The most knowledgeable about his Lord.- The most sincere to the creation.- The most eloquent in speech.