Beginner FrontPage Tutorial:Introduction
This is a beginner level tutorial on using FrontPage. This will introduce you to thebasics of the FrontPage screen layout and cover simple formatting, creating a web,hyperlinks, and a few other key topics. For more advanced features consultFrontPage’s Help section or go to
These words are used often in these tutorials, so learn them now!
- Text or graphic hotspots that load other webpages when clickedon.
- The unit of measurement on the web. One pixel is approximately thesize of a period (.) in 12-point Arial font.
- As with all PC programs, access popup shortcut menus byright-clicking on objects with the mouse.
URL (Universal Resource Locator)
- The address of a web site. This whatis after the "http://" on the location bar on your browser.
- In FrontPage, your web site is referred to as a web.
– What You See Is What You Get. A common term for HTMLEditors like FrontPage and Dreamweaver that let you preview to see whatyour finished page or site will look like.