About This Manual
This manual summarizes the different scenarios that a fieldWALKair installer may stumble upon and the corrective actions hemay take in order to have the WALKair link up and running. The content of this manual starts with step by step trouble shootingand gradually proceeds to network problems and analysis methods. The structure of the document is as following:
Step-By-Step Air Link Setup Trouble Shooting
– this section isaimed at basic air link problems; Easy to use as the user is guidedby questions and actions towards the solution to the problem.
Understanding Air Link Setup Process
– In this section the user will find a more detailed description of how the air link isestablished following by a relevant LCI message in each phase.
Understanding E1 Alarm Forwarding in WALKair
– Many serviceproblems begin with physical layer problems. This section describesthe E1 alarm mechanism and how it is implemented in WALKair asa point to multi point system.
Possible Network Problems and Causes
– This section introducespossible problems that occur due to a network problem and notnecessarily a specific link. All are problems that really happened inthe field and are a result of installation, planning or commissioningproblems.
– This section provides tools and methods foranalyzing the occurrence of network radio problems. Some of thetools are inherent in WALKair and WALKnet products and somerequires the use of external measurement equipment.
This manual requires the reader to be familiar with the latest WALKair systemsdifferent manuals content and release notes.