Our financial Standpoint
We praise the Lord for His provision to do this ministrythrough many of you who have been supporting us monthly.We are excited to share with you the progress that we havemade in our support raising process. Remember we need tobe at 100% of our monthly budget to be sent to the field.Part of our visit here in Argentina has been a time forour Directors to see if we could meet our budget with the cur-rent donations that have been coming in on a monthly basis.As we have been analyzing our financial position we desire toshare with you specific details in which to pray for.Currently we have 87% of our monthly budget comingin on a monthly budget . This leaves us with 13% for us toraise in monthly support. This calculates to approximately$268 more in monthly support. As we return to the USAMarch 31st, our return date to Argentina will be as soon as wereach this goal. Pray for us and please contact us if you de-sire to help in any way.Pray for the Lord’s provision.
Have you ever asked the Lord to do something inprayer and not get an answer? I want to share with you onething the Lord has been teaching me during this time. A friendof mine told me
“ God will never do things for us miracu- lously if he has given the ability to do it naturally.”
An example of this would be in John 11:39 where Jesustold the women to roll away the stone from Lazarus’ grave. IfJesus had the power to raise Lazarus from the dead, why didn’the remove the stone? It is true that there are things in life thatonly God can do for us. That’s when we need a miracle! It isvery possible that you may need God do a miracle in your life.However there are other things he has empowered to do naturally! Like for instance in this case, he told themto remove the stone. How much more has he empowered you with something supernatural…The Holy Spirit!
2 Peter 1:3-4 says
His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness... that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world.”
Isn’t this why God has given us the power and authority to preach the most important message of all time to allmankind? Why doesn’t He do it Himself? Do you realize He will not do it for us because has enabled us to do it!Therefore there are things he won’t do for us if it is something we can do. This is just one of many things in our lives.There is in fact, many things he has given us to do naturally (abilities and talents) and how much more if wetake a moment to think of how profound it is that His Spirit dwells in us! We must therefore make sure that as long astoday is today that we remain in fellowship with Him and walk in the Spirit as we are met with new challenges that lifemay bring us. Be careful not to ask God to do the things he has made you responsible for.
8.8 Earthquake in Chile
As many of you have heard on the newsthere has been an 8.8 earthquake in Santiago, Chilethe last weekend of February.Many of you have communicated to us con-cerning our safety during the earthquake. We werevery close to the boarder of Chile, a week prior to theearthquake but approximately 500 miles south ofSantiago. The earthquake struck when Debora and Iwere in Buenos Aires. We have not personally beenaffected by it, although some tremors did reach Bue-nos Aires. Some aftershocks were caused west ofthe Providence of Argentina named “Salta” and“Catamarca”, where a 6.1 level earthquake hit lateron in the week.Please keep in prayer the country of Chile.The death toll continues to rise and there will be a lotof need of the people there.We also have a Word of Life ministry inSantiago, Chile. So far the news that we have heardis that the buildings and staff were protected duringthe earthquake and no injures occurred that we areaware of. However we do have many students at ourBible Institute here in Argentina that are from Chile,and we want to ask that you keep them and theirfamilies in prayer.Pray for Chile!