C.S.E. LAW - 2005 (PRELIMINARY)
Time Allowed: 2 Hours Maximum Marks: 300
1. Section 34 of I.P.C. provides for liability based on common intention.Consider the following situations:
1. The weapon used in the offence was found in A’s house.2. A house procured the weapon of offence voluntarily to aid the criminal gang.3. A was compelled under threat to his life to procure the weapon of offence.4. The weapon was supplied on receipt of value of the weapon (sale).Which of the situations given above reflect(s) the correct ingredients with regardto Section 34?(a) 1 and 2 (b) 2 and 3(c) 2 only (d) 4 only
2. A is at work with a hatchet; the head flies off and kills a man who isstanding by. What offence is committed by A in this situation?
(a) A has committed the offence of culpable homicide(b) A has committed the offence of culpable homicide not amounting to murder(c) A has committed no offence as it was an accident(d) A has committed no offence as use of hatchet was a necessity of hislivelihood
3. What is the age of child if he is to be exempted from criminal liability'?
(a) Below 10 years (b) McNaughten's Rules(c) Below 6 years (d) Equivocality test
4. Defence of insanity is developed on which of the following?
(a) Automatism (b) Below 7 years(c) Irresistible impulse (d) Below 12 years
5. Which one of the following is an inchoate crime?
(a) Public nuisance (b) Criminal attempt(c) Unlawful assembly (d) Riot
6. The Courts have evolved some tests to determine at what stage an act or aseries of acts done towards the commission of the intended offence wouldbecome an attempt. Identify which one of the following test is
(a) Proximity test (b) Impossiblity test(c)
test (d) Social danger test
7. X, a woman, who ran to a well stating that she would jump into it, wascaught before she could reach it. Which one of the following statements iscorrect in this regard?
(a) She is not guilty of an attempt to commit suicide although she intended to doso and prepared to carry out that intention yet she might have changed hermind(b) She is guilty of committing offence of attempt to commit suicide as shecategorically declared to do so(c) She is guilty of no offence as whatever was done by her did not amount topreparation for committing suicide