Personal Identity through the Act of Creative Appropriation
Akah Page 3
DR SHAOWEN BARDZELL
– I thought I was a bit crazy to follow this idea about Steampunk, but youassured me that the topic was valid and had a place in HCI. Thank you for advising me through thisthick design space.
– You know that without our late night discussions about my capstone, I wouldn’t have gotten nearly as far as I have. You keep the hamster wheel in my head spinning, and I thank you for that.
– You questioner, you. Thank you for pointing out intrinsic qualities about myself that I never would have discerned on my own; you helped me find insights in my process to informthe direction of this capstone.
– I wouldn’t have gotten through graduate school without you. You taught me Iwas a spatial learner. You’ve been my best friend, my best critic, and my best roommate. Thank you.
– Thank you for asking me about my definition of appropriation! You helpedme crystallize my thoughts and communicate them to others.
– You were the first to encourage me to do what I loved, and not what I thought wassensible. Thanks to you, I have been able to explore Steampunk to my heart’s content, without guilt.