- Ducting & Instrumentation Diagram
- Double Acting
- Distance / Amplitude Curve
- a fluid-flow measurement device, similar to a venturi tube, inserted as a section of afluid-carrying pipe; flow rate is measured by pressure drop across a restrictedthroat.
- the ability of a structure to maintain its load-carrying capability afterexposure to a sudden increase in load.
- a device for introducing a variable resistance for regulating the volumetric flow of gasor air.
- the ability of a material to absorb mechanical energy during a cycle ofreasonably rapid loading and unloading. If a metal rod is set in vibration by hitting itwith a hammer, the amplitude of this vibration will slowly decrease as time goes on.This characteristic is called the damping capacity.
- a mechanical damping device consisting of a cylinder and piston apparatus arrangedso as to dampen the movement of a valve stem. A less preferred term;
- that part of the non-return mechanism of a piston non-return valve in whichthe piston works.
- 1) a direction, level, or position from which angles, heights, speeds or distances areconveniently measured; 2) any numerical or geometric quantity or value that servesas a base reference for other quantities or values (such as a point, line, or surfacein relation to which others are determined.)
- a curved device used as a crane on a ship, such as one ofa pair of devices from which alifeboat is hung and by means of which it can be lowered over the side of a ship.
- Double Beam
- Double Block and Bleed
- Design Basis Manual
- 1) Direct Current, 2) Drain Closed
- a voltage that forces electrons to move through a circuit in the same directioncontinuously, thereby producing a direct current.
- Distributed Control System
- Draft DEPs for Development
- Delivery Duty Paid
- Delivery Duty Unpaid
- no current is flowing through the coil. The return spring holds the plungeragainst the body orifice. A normally closed valve is de-energized in a closedposition.
- a type of valve, usually automatic in operation, used for injecting cold waterinto a steam pipeline to convert superheated steam into saturated steam for certainprocess conditions.
- a specific range of values in which an input signal can be altered without causing achange in the output signal.
Dead Mild Steel
- steel containing 0.07 to 0.15% carbon, suitable for bending, drawing, pressingand flanging.
Dead Weight Safety Valve
- a safety valve which is loaded by a heavy metal weight, the valvebeing usually small and the pressure low; also called Cowburn Valve
- a device in which oxygen, carbon dioxide, or other non-condensable gases areremoved from boiler feedwater, steam condensate, or a process stream.
- the process by which the fluorescence, or bloom, is removed from petroleum oilsby exposing them in shallow tanks to the sun and atmospheric conditions or byusing chemicals.
-Decalescence - darkening of a metal surface upon undergoing a phase transformation onheating; the phenomenon is caused by isothermal absorption of the latent heat oftransformation.