G. Verification and validation
A. OS Groups and Users Setup
The OS groups and their description are as given below – i.
- owner of oracle inventoryii.
- osdba group for ASM Oracle Homeiii.
- osdba group for Database Oracle Home
Make sure that GID for the above OS groups is uniform across all nodes in the cluster.The OS users and their description are as given below – 1.
- owner of ASM Oracle Home. Member of oinstall, amsdbagroups2.
- owner of Database Oracle Home. Member of oinstall, dba,asmdba groups
The following points should be considered for providing permissions for above OS users.
The oracle user for Database instance (oracle) needs to be a member of the dba groupfor the ASM instance (asmdba).
ASM oracle user (oracleasm) does not need to be in the dba group for the DB instance(dba).
Also all ASM disks must have read/write permission to the ASM dba group.