Barack Obama has styled himself a centrist, but does his record support that claim? In thisseries, we examine Senator Obama's past, his voting record and the people who've served as hisadvisers and mentors over the years. We'll show how the
of Obama's actions andassociations reveal a far more left-leaning tilt to his background – and to his politics.
– Before friendly audiences, Barack Obama speaks passionately about somethingcalled “economic justice.” He uses the term obliquely, though, speaking in code – socialist code.
– A plan by Barack Obama to redistribute American wealth on a global level ismoving forward in the Senate. It follows Marxist theology – from each according to his ability,to each according to his need.
– Barack Obama calls it “Universal Voluntary Public Service.” We call it a plan fornational involuntary servitude. Kennedy asked us what we could do for our country. Obama hasways to make us volunteer.
– Barack Obama the lawyer-organizer could use a crash course in economics. Hiseconomic plan's assumptions, based on long-discredited Marxist theories, are wildlywrongheaded.
– The mainstream media have finally gotten around to revealing Barack Obama's earlymentor. But they've downplayed the mystery man's communist background.
– The man who includes being a community organizer on his short resume has a longassociation with a far-left group that would organize our communities into socialist gulags.
– Barack Obama says Washington shouldn't just offer apologies for slavery, but also“deeds.” Don't worry, he says, he's not talking about direct reparations. Relieved? Don't be.
– While Obama's children enjoy the best education money can buy, he wants to denyinner-city children the education change we can believe in – school choice. He prefers cradle-to-diploma collectivist education.
– Most Americans revile socialism, yet Barack Obama's poll numbers remaincompetitive. One explanation: He's a longtime disciple of a man whose mission was to teachradicals to disguise their ideology.
– Barack Obama's economic blueprint sounds like one his communist father tried tofoist on Kenya 40 years ago, with massive taxes and succor shrouded as “investments.”