Welcome to Scribd. Sign in or start your free trial to enjoy unlimited e-books, audiobooks & documents.Find out more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
How to Register with the Philippine Social Security System (SSS)

How to Register with the Philippine Social Security System (SSS)

|Views: 590|Likes:
Published by KAKKAMPI

More info:

Published by: KAKKAMPI on Jun 27, 2010
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





How can one register with the SSS?
A person registering with the SSS for the first time as a prospective employee shouldaccomplish SSS Form E-1 (Personal Record) and submit it together with theoriginal/certified true copy and photocopy of any of the following: baptismal, birthcertificate, driver’s license, passport, Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Card orSeaman’s Book. In the absence of these documents, any two of the following, one of whichrecent photo and date of birth, are acceptable.However, surviving spouses and guardians aged 60 and above securing an SS numberfor the Annual Confirmation of Pensioners (ACOP) program, may be allowed to submitsecondary documents with recent photo and age.Alien Certificate of RegistrationATM card with the cardholder’s nameATM card and certification from the issuing bank that the account number belongs tothe cardholder, if the card does not bear the cardholder’s name.Bank Account PassbooBirth/Baptismal Certificate of childrenCertificate form:-Office of the Southern/Northern Cultural Communities-Office of Muslim AffairsCertificate of Naturalization issued by the Bureau of ImmigrationCompany IDCompany Representative Authorization Card issued by SSSCredit CardFishermen’s Card issued by Bureau of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources (BFAR)GSIS CardGSIS Certificate of MembershipHealth or Medical CardID Card issued by Local Government Units (e.g. Barangay/ Municipality/City)ID Card issued by professional associations recognized by PRCLife Insurance PolicyMarriage ContractNBI ClearanceOverseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) CardPag-Ibig Member’s Data FormPermit to Carry Firearms issued by the Firearms & Explosives Unit of the PhilippineNational Police (PNP)PHIC Member’s Data RecordPolice ClearancePostal ID CardSchool IDSenior Citizen Card
Tax Identification Card/AffidavitTranscript of School RecordsVoter’s Identification Card/AffidavitA married person should also submit a marriage contract upon registration. If withreported children, the birth or baptismal certificate/s of child/ren, if legitimate; should besubmitted; if reporting legitimated child/ren birth certificate with annotation “legitimated;”decree of adoption, if legally adopted-children. If reporting illegitimate children, birth orbaptismal certificate(s) of children.In the absence, any of the following stating the relationship to the reporteddependent/beneficiary:School Recorda.Insurance Policyb.Statement before a courtc.The original or certified true copies of the documents should be presented to the SSS forauthentication purposes.
 For EmployersSingle Proprietorships
 An owner of a single proprietorship business should accomplish and submit SSS Form R-1(Employer Registration) and R-1A (Employment Report).
 Any of the partners of a partnership firm should accomplish
SSS Forms R-1 (EmployerRegistration)
(R-1A (Employment Report)
and submit these forms together with aphotocopy of the Articles of Partnership. The original copy of the Articles of partnershipmust be presented to the SSS for Authentication purposes.
 A corporation must accomplish
SSS Forms R-1(Employer Registration)
R-1A(Employment Report)
signed by its President or any of the corporate officers and submitthese forms together with a photocopy of the Articles of Incorporation. The original copy of the Articles of Incorporation must be presented to the SSS for authentication purposes.
 Household-Helper Employers
 A household employer who has an existing SS number should use this SS number as theemployer number and shall be used in all transactions with regard to the household helper.If no existing SS number, the household employer should get an SS number byaccomplishing
SSS Form E-1 (Personal Record).
 For Self-Employed Members
A self-employed person should accomplish
SSS Form RS-1 (Self-Employed Data Record)
and submit it together with a photocopy of any of the following baptismal, birth certificate,driver’s license, passport, Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Card, Seaman’sBook. I n the absence of these documents, any two of the secondary documents mentionedearlier.
A self-employed member who has employees, should also register as an employer andsecure an employer ID number which the company must use in all transactions with theSSS.
 For Voluntary MembersSeparated Members
A member who is separated from employment or ceases to be self-employed/OFW /non-working spouse may continue paying contributions through SSS Form RS-5 using thepreviously assigned SS number. Posting of said payment will change the membership statusfrom covered employee, self-employed, OFW or non-working spouse to a voluntary payingmember.
 Non-Working Spouses
A non-working spouse should accomplish
SSS Form NW-1 (Non-Working SpouseRecord)
and submit it, duly signed by the working spouse, with a copy of their marriagecertificate.
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)
An OFW should accomplish
SSS Form OW-1 (Overseas Worker Record)
and submit ittogether with a photocopy of any of the following: birth certificate, baptismal certificate,driver’s license, valid passport, Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Card, orSeaman’s Book. In the absence of these documents, any two of the secondary documentsmentioned earlier.
How can members change the data in their membership records?
Changes in a member’s record should be reported immediately to the nearest SSS office byaccomplishing SSS Form E-4 (Member’s Data Amendment) and submit a photocopy of thefollowing:marriage certificate for change of civil status;1.birth or baptismal certificate of children for new/ additional/change of dependents/beneficiaries.2.birth or baptismal certificate or passport for correction of name and date of birth;3.In the absence of the above-mentioned documents, submit a Certificate of Loss orNon-availability of the documents from the Local Civil Registrar of the place where themember was baptized and any two (2) of the following secondary documents, one of whichwith recent photo and date of birth, are acceptable:Record of EmploymentGSIS member’s RecordCertificate from the National ArchivesAlien Certificate of Registration (ACR)Birth Certificate of ChildrenCertificate of Naturalization issued by the Bureau of ImmigrationMarriage ContractDriver’s License issued by LTOSchool recordsVoter’s ID Card or Affidavit duly authenticated by COMELECTIN card

Activity (8)

You've already reviewed this. Edit your review.
1 thousand reads
1 hundred reads
KAKKAMPI liked this
srshvijay liked this
malou_gil liked this
malou_gil liked this
Reinzsin Joy Blancas liked this
KAKKAMPI liked this

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->