• Manage telephone conversations
BEING A HOST TO A FOREIGN VISITOR
• Be a host to a team of foreign visitors
• Thank someone for dinner. Express Courtesies
Discuss cultural differences.
• Deal with lost baggage.
• Make a restaurant reservation.
• Organize car rental.
INTERACTING WITH FOREIGNERS IN OPEN CONTEXTS
• Initiate, keep going and close conversations.
• Repair breakdowns.
• Confirm understanding
Indicate failure to understand.
• Invite others in.
• Listen actively or indicate understanding
MOVING TOWARDS MORE FORMAL PRESENTATIONS
• Handle the necessary elements to make an effective presentation:
o preparation, delivery and language
• Identify the
different parts in a more formal presentation.
• Use signposting expressions
• Make a company presentation.
MOVING TOWARDS MORE FORMAL MEETINGS
• Hand over to another person.
• Bring people into the discussion.