Main Area (Gateway of Tally)
Main Area is separated into two areas:1.Left-hand side area2.Right-hand side areaThe left-hand side area in Main Area provides information of
List of Selected Companies
(Name of the company and the date of last entry details).The right-hand side area in the Main Area screen displays the
menu (toselect your instructions to Tally) > Select a Company, Create a Company, Backup a Company orRestore a Company.
Hot keys are the text that are capitalized and are red in colour on all the menu screens. Typingany of the Hot Keys in the
Company Info Screen
will either take you to that particular screen or itmay display the sub - menu’s within that Option.
Ctrl + N
] to activate the calculator functionality. Calculator Area is used for calculatorfunctions. Any type of Independent calculation can be done using calculator to get quick answers.
The buttons are designed to make the work easier and faster. These buttons vary from one screento another based on the screen functionality. The buttons appear on the right hand side of the Tallyscreen. Only buttons relevant to the current screen will be active and the inactive buttons aregreyed. These buttons are enabled with the short cut keys (like
and so on). You can eitherclick on these buttons or you can press the shortcut keys to access.)On this screen, Tally displays the following buttons (keys):
Help (Alt + H)
– to access Tally's online context-sensitive help (This feature is not available forTally on RHEL)
Web Browser (Alt + W)
– to access the Web Browser directly from Tally!
F1: Select Cmp
– to access data from other data directories either on the local system or throughthe network.
– to access the configuration settings to manage the information put into Tally.Here, access the General Configuration to set country specific defaults. Use it before creating acompany.
* Use the buttons on the right-hand side of the screen to explore the Potential of Tally.* Press [Enter] wherever the cursor is placed in Gateway of Tally Menu’s and sub menu’s to know the Depth of Tally.
Buttons with a character or function key underlined means you have to press underlined characteror the function key along with ALT key.Buttons with a character or function key double underlined means you have to press character orthe function key along with CTRL key.
: Press the shortcut function key to select a company