AP English Literature Study Guide GuidelinesTitle:
Give title of work in italics
- Use a authoritative source such as GaleNet to findrelevant biographical dataon the author. Our password is SUFF71029. Focus on literary period,contributions toliterature, prevalent themes, style, and back ground on the book youread. Limit to oneparagraph. Include parenthetical notation when necessary. Usecomplete sentences.
Time and setting
- Include information on historical and culturalbackground. Limit to one paragraph.
(chronological, flashback, epistolary, frame story, etc.)
Point of view-
person actor or observer, 3
person limited oromniscient, objective,etc.)
(author’s attitude toward the subject or characters)Use concise language to describe.
Write a brief sketch of the major and importantsecondary characters in the work. Use the characters’ full names. Youdo not need complete sentences. Include specific words and consideras many of these elements of characterization that may be applicable:personality, physical appearance, role in the story, dialect,hobbies/interests, how other characters perceive this character.
- Write in complete sentences a paragraph summarizing theplot, no more thanone page.
- Choose a major theme in the work. Find fourquotations that developthis theme. Introduce and analyze the quotation. Be sure to includeparentheticaldocumentation. Use complete sentences and be thorough. Weavewords from the quote in your explanation.
- Using an authoritative source, summarize a critical