When water is cooled, it freezes into form of ice. This is called freezing.
4. How can you find out whether a sample of water is pureor not?
Pure water boils at 100C. If there are some impurities in water, it will boil at hightemperature than 100C.
5. What is hard water?
If water contains some impurities then it is called hard water.
6. What is the hardness of water due to?
The hardness of water is due to some chemicals that get. Dissolved in rain water when it falls.
7. What are the properties of pure water?
Pure water has no colour.
It freezes at 0
It boils at 100
It is a bad conductor of electricity.
It is a very good solvent.
8. What are some of the common impurities in water?
Water contains many impurities such as mud, sand, Bacteria, mineral salt andremains of dead plant and animals.
9. How can water be purified in the laboratory?
In the laboratory, water can be purified by a process called distillation.
10. Write three ways in which water become polluted?
Causes of water pollution.
Dirty water from houses and farms.
Waste liquid from factories.
Science Notes Six Class Q&A