5. What is the extent of management¶s prerogative to transfer or re-
6. What is the extent of management¶s prerogative to reorganize?
7. What is the extent of management¶s prerogative to promote?
8. What is the extent of the employer¶s prerogative to demote?
9. What is the extent of the employer¶s prerogative to discipline
10. What is due process?
11. What are ³just causes´ and ³authorized causes´?
12. What is the two-fold due process requirement?
13. What are the twin requirements of notice and hearing?
14. What are the six (6) situations in termination disputes?
15. What are the reliefs available to an illegally dismissed employee
16. How should the due process requirement under the law be
17. Is there any instance where notices alone, without the benefit
18. When notice alone will not suffice
19. Notice to explain must correctly and fully inform the employee
20. The employee must be dismissed based on the same grounds
21. Notice should be served at employee¶s last known address
22. Notice posted in bulletin board, not sufficient
23. Notice in a newspaper, not sufficient
24. Remedy if employee refused to receive notice - service by
25. How should answer be made in case of termination for just
26. What is hearing requirement in termination for cause?
27. What are the instances when hearing is not required?
28. Who has the burden of proof in illegal dismissal cases?
29. What is the quantum of evidence required in labor cases?
30. May the right against self-incrimination be invoked in
31. May the right to counsel be asserted in administrative
32. May the right against unreasonable searches and seizures be
33. May the right to equal protection of the laws be asserted in
34. When may the effects of termination be suspended?
35. What is preventive suspension?
36. What is suspension as a penalty?
37. What is reinstatement?
38. What is the distinction between reinstatement and backwages?
39. What is the doctrine of ³Strained Relations´?
40. What is separation pay?
41. May separation pay be awarded despite lawful dismissal for
42. What is the amount of separation pay in lieu of reinstatement?
43. What are backwages?
44. What are the distinctions between separation pay and
45. What are damages and attorney¶s fees?
46. Is legal interest allowed?
47. TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT OF OVERSEAS FILIPINO
48. PERSONAL LIABILITY OF STOCKHOLDERS OR CORPORATE
49. What are the kinds of employment?
50. When does a casual employee become a regular employee?
51. What is the concept of regular and casual employment?
52. When may a project employee become regular employee?
53. May OFWs acquire regularity of employment?
54. What is regular seasonal employment? Is it valid?
55. What are the criteria for fixed conracts of employment?
56. May part-time workers attain regularity of employment?
57. Who is a probationary employee?
58. What is the period of probationary employment?
59. May probationary employment be extended?
60. How should the six-month probationary period be computed?
61. Standards should be made known to employee at start of
62. What is the effect of allowing an employee to work beyond the
63. What are the grounds to terminate probationary employment?
64. What are the just causes for termination of employment under
65. What is serious misconduct?
66. Sexual Harassment
67. What legal ground/s may be cited for acts of dishonesty?
68. What are the requisites to validly invoke willful disobedience of
69. What constitutes the ground of gross and habitual neglect of
70. What are the requisites to validly invoke abandonment of work?
71. What constitutes the ground of fraud?
72. What are the requisites for the ground of willful breach of
73. What constitutes the ground of commission of crime or offense?
74. What are other analogous causes under Article 282 of the Labor
75. What are the authorized causes for termination of employment?
76. What are the requisites for the ground of installation of labor-
77. What are the requisites for the ground of redundancy?
78. What are the requisites for the ground of retrenchment?
79. What are the requisites for the ground of closure or cessation of
80. Notices required under Article 283, mandatory
81. Hearing is not required in termination for authorized causes
82. Separation pay under Article 283
83. What are the legal principles that may be invoked in cases of
84. What is the legal consequence of merger?
85. What are the requisites for the ground of disease?
86. What are the requisites for termination of employment by
87. What are the just causes for termination of employment by
88. What are the requisites for serious insult as a ground to
89. What are the requisites for serious inhumane and unbearable
90. What are the requisites for commission of crime as a ground to
91. What are other analogous causes that may be invoked as a
92. What are the distinctions between constructive dismissal and
93. Some principles on resignation
94. What are the situations contemplated under Article 286 of the
95. What is bona-fide suspension of operations for a period not
96. Temporary ³off-detail´ or ³floating status´ of security guards
97. What is the coverage of the Retirement Pay Law?
98. Who are the employees not covered by the Retirement Pay Law?
99. May an employee retire under the CBA or employment contract?
100. What is the distinction between optional and compulsory
101. Is the option granted to the employer to retire an employee
102. May an employee retire at an earlier or older age?
103. What are included in the minimum 5-year service requirement?
104. What are included in the retirement benefits under the
105. Does the Retirement Pay Law have any retroactive effect?
106. May Pag-IBIG be considered as substitute retirement plan?
107. What is the latest amendment to the Retirement Pay Law
108. Who is an underground mine employee?
109. What is the distinction between retirement and dismissal?
110. What is the distinction between retirement pay and separation
111. Is the retirement pay under the SSS similar to or may be a
112. Other latest cases on retirement
113. What is the prescriptive period for offenses penalized under
114. What is the prescriptive period for money claims?
115. What is the prescriptive period for illegal dismissal?
116. What is the prescriptive period for actions involving the funds
117. What is the prescriptive period for illegal recruitment?
118. What is the prescriptive period for SSS violations?
119. What is the prescriptive period for employees¶ compensation