Intro: The idea behind this exercise is to help you identify the “core brand values” that govern your life and your business. By operating within the defined parameters of our “brand values” we assure that our marketing, business, and online communication is consistently “on brand” and represents our business effectively.
- In the space below list 10 words or values that you feel best represent your
personal and professional brand (i.e. knowledgeable, analytical, or consult this
articleh t t p : / / h b s w k . h b s . e d u / a r c h i v e / 3 3 8 8 . h t m l for examples of brand values)
- Looking at the values that you have documented above, try to see if any of them can be combined into more encompassing values, discover which ones are more prominent in your personal/professional brand, and break them into a “Top 5” list
important decisions they will ever make in their lives.
are able to communicate your brand through all mediums including:
1. Online Communication (social media, blogs, etc.)
2. Email Communication (is the information I am sending “on brand”)
3. Offline Communication (am I acting/representing my brand)
1. By focusing on your key brand values, you are able to create a memorable
and “personal” brand that is true, honest, and reflects you as a person.
Too many bios today speak AT the consumer and do not represent the
individual of who it is written. For example, based on the exercise above I
would be able to write the following in my bio:
“By providing up-to-date and in-depth market statistics to his clients, Matt Dollinger is
able to create better educated and informed buyers/sellers during one of the most
important decisions of in their lives”
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.