WORK WITH A PARTNER 1. What do they mean? Match these cooking verbs with the correct definition:The Verb (infinitiveform)The MeaningTo bake
1. To provide food for eating
2. To cut something into pieces.
3. To cook something in an oven or over a fire, on a spit
4. To divide or cut something into slivers.
5. To cook something slowly in liquid
6. To cook something on a metal frame with bars across it, abovestrong direct heat.
7. To cut something into cubes.
8. To cook something in very hot water.
9. To divide food with a sharp instrument
10. To cook by dry heat in an oven or similar.
11. To remove the skin/rind/outer covering of fruit/vegetables etc
12. To cook food in fat/oil over a direct heat.
13. To remove the outer covering from fruit/meat/fish etc.
14. To prepare food for eating by the use of heat.
15. To make food ready in advance of eating or cooking it.
16. To make bread or other food brown by placing it close to heat
2. Are they regular or irregular verbs?3. Match the photos with some of the meanings in ex. 1.
A) B) C) D)E) F)G) H)