Homework #12 pages 290-313, chapters 23, 24
Please answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. How does Bronte portray Linton at the beginning of this section? Give a specific example to back up
2. We have talked about the fact that the children inherit things from their parents, including ideas,
attitudes and biases. What are two things that Linton has inherited?
3. What are two things that Cathy has inherited?
4. Despite the fact that Heathcliff does not see any of himself in his son, how is Linton’s behavior to
Cathy similar to how Heathcliff has previously treated women in his life?
5. Cathy calls Linton her “pet.” What does this say about her feelings for her cousin?