6. What is a draft tube? In which turbine it is mostly used?7. What is the function of draft tube in turbine outlet?
8. What is reaction turbine? Give an example.9. Differentiate the impulse and reaction turbine.PART – B1. Explain the working principle of nuclear power plant with layout and list theadvantages and disadvantages.
2. a. Describe the boiling water reactor with the help of neat sketch andexplain its chief characteristics.b. Explain the construction and working of pressurized water reactor.
3. Discuss the methods of nuclear waste disposal and safety.4. Discuss Micro-hydro power plant.5. a. Write shorts on governing of impulse turbine.b.
Explain the construction and working of gas cooled reactor.
UNIT – IVPART – A
1. What are the applications of diesel electric power plants?
2. What is diesel knock?3. Define cetane number.4. Define mean effective pressure as applied to gas power cycles. How it is related toindicated power of an I.C engine?5. Mention various process of Brayton cycle.6. Draw the p-V and T-s diagram of Brayton cycle.7. What is the principle of operation of simple jet propulsion system?8. Sketch the schematic arrangement of open cycle gas turbine power plant and name thecomponents.
9. Discuss the effect of inter cooling in a gas turbine plant.