Welcome to Scribd, the world's digital library. Read, publish, and share books and documents. See more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Like the climax to a great symphony, the YP-T9 is revealed

Like the climax to a great symphony, the YP-T9 is revealed

Ratings: (0)|Views: 23|Likes:
Published by hottyhanna
It’s extremely easy to use and although touch pads are slick, having a tactile touch is reassuring.
It’s extremely easy to use and although touch pads are slick, having a tactile touch is reassuring.

More info:

Published by: hottyhanna on Jul 30, 2008
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOC, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





Article by:
Patrick Hsu
Product was submitted by:
Samsung Electronics Canada, Inc.
Sometimes wonder what MP3 manufacturers have in mind when they decide to compete in thismarket. With 80% of the customer base dominated by Steve Job’s iEmpire, how is it worthwhile tocompete for the remaining 20%? Or do they have dreams of one day overthrowing the reining king of digital portable 
I would think that the first step in being a worthy competitor in this market is to find a way todifferentiate yourself from the competition.
has done well so far in this aspect. 3 or 4years after embracing the “piano gloss” finish for nearly its entire line-up; Samsung has extendedthis design down to their MP3 Players. Offering a greater usability than the iPod, the Samsung seriesof MP3 Players were built specifically for the Windows-savvy user, offering drag-and-dropcapabilities. For those who prefer to sync up playlists, an interface within Windows 
was already built-in, ensuring that nearly every PC user in the world had the software necessary.So with the advent of Apple’s “all video” iPod line-up, what does
have to offer in the YP-T9? We’re going to find out!
The Samsung YP-T9 has some very strong features for such a small package…
Memory Storage - 4GB
1.8” 262K Color LCD, QCIF resolution
Playback Time 30 Hours
Bluetooth® Enabled
JPEG Photo, Text, Flash Games
MPEG Video PlaybackHowever useless to me, it’s nice to see that Samsung has included options for some text and games.At least they haven’t stopped thinking about adding more options. The YP-T9 also features an FMTuner which has been a staple of the Samsung MP3 line since the beginning, and sets the unit apartfrom the iPod crowd.
System Requirements
If you’re a MAC user, you’ll have to stop here. There is no Apple love at Samsung when it comes tothe YP-T9. But if you don’t meet the following requirements, you might not get any love at all…
Pentium 300MHz or higher
USB Port 2.0
Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher
DirectX 9.0 or higher
100MB of free hard disc space
CD Rom Drive (2X or higher)
10.0 or higher
Resolution 1024 X 768 or higherIf you have a vast music collection, 100 MB’s is clearly not enough. Since the player supportswireless Bluetooth Stereo, you’ll need a set of wireless Bluetooth speakers or a headset to takeadvantage of it.
First Impressions
I don’t believe Samsung has ever failed me in the design department. Not even in package designand the T9 is no different. It comes in a white box, displaying the MP3 Player in the midst of variouslifestyle silhouette drawings
Embracing how naturally MP3 Players and gift giving go together, Samsung gives that added touch.Then finally, like the climax to a great symphony, the YP-T9 is revealed.
Beautifully displayed in its glossy black (of course) finish in a size that rivals that of the iPod Nano.Chrome accents indicate a level of luxury.
What’s in the box?

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->