Welcome to Scribd. Sign in or start your free trial to enjoy unlimited e-books, audiobooks & documents.Find out more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Import Duties Laws of Poland

Import Duties Laws of Poland

|Views: 454|Likes:

More info:

Published by: אניל מאשאדו on Nov 16, 2010
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOC, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





The following information must be present on the label:
Product type
(Trademarks, brand names or fanciful names may not substitute thegeneric/product name, but may be used in addition to the product name)
List of ingredients
preceded by the word "Ingredients"; must show all ingredients(including additives) in descending order of weight as recorded at the time of their usein the manufacture and designated by their specific name. In the case of those productsthat may contain ingredients liable to cause allergies or intolerances, a clear indicationshould be given on the label by the word "contains" followed by the name of theingredient. However, this indication will not be necessary provided the specific nameis included in the list of ingredients.
Net quantity
in metric units (liter, centiliter, milliliter)
Date of minimum durability
- not required for wine and beverages containing morethan 10% alcohol by volume
Special conditions for keeping or use
(if applicable)
Name or business name and address
of the manufacturer, packager or importer established in the European Union
Country of origin
or provenance
Alcohol content
for beverages containing more than 1.2% by volume
Lot identification
with the marking preceded by the letter "L".For further information, please refer toDirective/2000/13/EC(PDF).
Language requirements
: With the exception of allergen information, which must appear inPolish, the labeling requirements above may appear in one or more official languages of theEU.For more information on labeling specific to alcohol beverages, please visit the Europawebsite.
Wine-Specific Labeling:
The following must appear on a label in a single field of vision (e.g., can be viewed withouthaving to turn the bottle), except for the Importer's details, the Lot number, and allergenicingredients.Mandatory
of wine
Appellation of origin
or name of protected designation of origin/geographicalindication
Country of origin
(e.g., "
 Product of .
Alcohol content
Bottler/producer information
- name and address
Importer information
- name and address, preceded by the word(s) "Importer" or "Imported by"
Sugar content
(if sparkling wine)
Allergenic ingredients
(e.g., "
Contains sulphites
Lot identification
with the marking preceded by the letter "L".Optional
Vintage year
(at least 85% of the grapes used to make the product must have beenharvested in the year in question)
Grape varietyAllergen Labeling for Wine:
Allergen labeling rules apply to beverages containing more than 1.2% by volume of alcohol.Alcoholic beverages containing sulfur dioxide and sulphites at concentrations of more than 10mg/kg or 10 mg/liter must be labeled "
Contains sulphites
" or "
Contains sulphur dioxide
".Replacing the word "sulphites" with "SO2" or "E220" is not allowed. For more information,refer toDirective 2003/89/EC(PDF), amending Directive 2000/13/EC.
Environmental/Sustainability Claims:
Processed wine from organic grapes must be produced in accordance withRegulation (EC) No 834/2007(PDF) andRegulation (EC) No 889/2008 (PDF). Label references for such wine must be indicated in terms of ingredients - e.g., "Wine from grapes from organiccultivation" and may not be referred to simply as "organic wine". Wine labels may alsoinclude claims (such as "bio-dynamic") as long as such a term does not mislead consumers.Wine products may not include the EU organic production logo referenced in EU legislationon their label.
Genetically Modified (GM) Food Labeling:
Food products containing or consisting of GMOs, produced from GMOs or containingingredients produced from GMOs must be labeled in accordance withRegulation (EC) No1829/2003 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1829/2003 end_of_the_skype_highlighting(PDF).For more information, visit the U.S. Mission to the EU FASwebsitefor up-to-dateinformation on GM regulations and labeling.
The Annex toDirective 2007/45/EC(PDF) sets out general standards of fill for wine anddistilled spirits. Please note that this Directive does not apply to pre-packaged products soldin duty-free shops for consumption outside the European Union.A chart derived from this Annex outlining the standard of fill requirements can be foundhere.
On March 10, 2006, the U.S. and EU signed theAgreement between the United States and theEuropean Community on Trade in Wine. The agreement provides for the recognition of eachother's existing current winemaking practices, as well as a consultative process for acceptingnew winemaking practices. As such, the EU must allow entry of U.S. wine products made inaccordance with U.S. winemaking standards into the EU.
Accepted EU enological practices and process are outlined in Regulation (EC) No 606/2009  (PDF). The Regulation also contains a list of restrictions and requirements pertaining to theuse of certain substances authorized for oenological purposes.
The following is a list of the documents that are required and/or recommended whenimporting alcohol beverages into Poland or any other EU member state:
Commercial invoice
Customs Value Declaration
Freight Insurance
Freight documents
Customs Import Declaration
(SAD form - a common import declaration form for allEU Member States; must be drawn up in one of the official languages of the EU)
Packing List
Certificate of Origin
Insurance certificate
Simplified Export Certificate
(for wine only) - refer toTTB Industry Circular 2007-2for more information
An Import License is required for wine shipments larger than 3,000 liters (30hl) importedfrom "third countries" (such as the U.S.) into any EU member state. Such import licenses areissued in Poland by the
Agencja Rynku Rolnego (Agricultural Market Agency)
. Contactinformation for this agency can be found in the
section at the end of this document.
An import declaration is required for goods from third countries such as the U.S. When goodsare imported into Poland, it is the responsibility of the importer or his authorized agent todeclare them to Customs. A
Single Administrative Document or SAD
is used for this purpose. This is the approved form for the import declaration process. Further informationon the SAD can be found on the EUwebsite.The Single Administrative Document (SAD) may be submitted to Customs, either through physical means or through an electronic declaration.Goods are released from Customs for "free circulation" once the pertinent documents have been filed and payment of tariff duties has been completed. After paying the value added tax(VAT) and any other applicable excise duty, goods are also released for consumption andready to be marketed.
Wine-specific Import Requirements:
Third Country (e.g., U.S.) wines imported into the European Community must also beaccompanied by a simplified export certificate or VI1 document until such wine is put intofree circulation.For more information on the simplified export certificate, please visit the VI1 Forms for Exporting Wine to the European Union section of our Export Documentspage.Further information on EU import regulations for wine can be also found on the U.S. Missionto the European Unionwebsite.
Poland is a member of the European Union and shares the Common External Tariff regime.

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->