Welcome to Scribd. Sign in or start your free trial to enjoy unlimited e-books, audiobooks & documents.Find out more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Tina Anderson's Statement to the Concord Police

Tina Anderson's Statement to the Concord Police

Ratings: (0)|Views: 6,926|Likes:

More info:

Published by: TinaAndersonFoundati on Dec 01, 2010
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





 1My StoryTina AndersonI was born August 22, 1981 in Phoenix, AZ to Carl Dean, and Christine Dooley. Shortly after I wasborn they got divorced and my mom got custody. When I was about 3-4 years old my mother re-married.She married Daniel Leaf. From the very beginning Daniel would beat us as “discipline” and to “show us whowas boss”. He was arrested in Arizona and went to prison in 1988 or 1989 (I believe it was only for 2 years)for physical abuse of me. At that time my mother, brother, and I moved to Concord, NH.When Daniel got out of prison my mother took him back. Around this time we began attendingTrinity Baptist Church in Concord, NH (Pastor Chuck Phelps). Between the ages of 9 and 11 I went throughphysical, sexual, and emotional abuse at the hands of Daniel. His frequent method of molestation included[redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redactedredacted]. He would do this when my mother was at school so it would happen several times a week. I didnot tell anyone for a very long time because he threatened to kill me if I did. We also endured physical abuseat his hands. He would “spank” us with his belt not caring if it was the buckle side or not. He also hasslammed our heads against the wall and kicked us with his steel-toed boots on. My brother told the schoolcounselor at one point that Daniel had beat him. At that same time another little girl came forward aboutbeing sexually molested by him. Daniel was then charged with those crimes in Concord, NH. He took a pleabargain and spent the next 8 – 10 years in jail.After he was in prison I finally felt like I could tell someone about Daniel sexually abusing me. I toldone of the youth leaders, Dee Dee Smith, about the sexual abuse. She felt like she didn’t know how to handlethe situation so she brought me to Chuck Phelps. I told Chuck Phelps what had happened and he told me Ineeded to go to the prison and confront Daniel and then forgive him. He also counseled me that a “good
 2Christian” would forgive and forget and not press charges. I did exactly what I was told to do. My mother isstill with Daniel and they continue to attend Trinity Baptist Church in Concord, NH.When I was about 14 years old I started babysitting for Ernie and Tammie Willis. They were a well-known wealthy couple at Trinity Baptist Church in Concord. They only had 2 children at that time. I wouldbabysit frequently and often stay the night at their house because they would get back so late. I became closefriends with the family and confided in them that I had been molested by Daniel. They said that they were sosorry and that should never happen to anyone. When I was 15 ½ my mother didn’t want to teach me how todrive, and Ernie volunteered to teach me. We had been out several times with no problems, and I trusted him.One night when we went out I was driving and he told me to pull over into a parking lot so we could switchplaces. He then pulled me into the backseat of the car and raped me. I did ask him to stop but when he didn’tI just froze and I don’t remember too much after that. I do remember that it hurt even for a few days after ithappened. He later apologized to me and said it would never happen again.In late June or early July of 1997 Ernie came to my house and knocked on the door. I was homealone, and I answered the door. He said he wanted to talk to me about something so I let him in the house. Helocked the door behind him and pushed me over to the couch. I had a dress on and he pulled it off. I pushedmy hands against his shoulders and said no, but he didn’t stop. He again raped me. When he was done, he just left. I was completely in shock, but too scared to go and tell anyone because I thought I would getblamed for what happened.When I missed my period the next few months I was in shock. I called Ernie and told him that Ithought I was pregnant, and he told me that couldn’t be possible. He did however bring me a pregnancy testand I took it while he was there. When it came back positive Ernie was visibly shaken. He asked me if Iwanted him to take me to a neighboring state where underage abortions were legal without parental consentand he would pay for an abortion. I told him no. He then asked me if I wanted him to punch me in the
 3stomach as hard as he could because that might cause a miscarriage. I again told him no. I then told him toget out of my house and leave me alone!Several days later I decided that I couldn’t hide this forever so I went to a neighbor (whose parentswere members of Trinity Baptist Church in Concord, NH) who I also babysat for a lot and trusted. I told herwhat had happened and that I was pregnant and asked her to go with me to talk to my mother because I wasafraid to go by myself. She and I talked to my mother together and told her about what happened. My motherimmediately called Pastor Chuck Phelps. Chuck Phelps and his wife Linda came over within a short time of my mother calling them. At this point I told Pastor Phelps that Ernie had raped me and gotten me pregnant. Ionly told them about one of the rapes though, because I was afraid that I would get blamed for the wholesituation because of the way the Daniel situation had been handled. He said he would talk to Ernie and gethis side of the story, but that I could not go back to school. He then left with his wife.The next day my mother and I were called over to the Phelps’ house. Pastor Phelps told us that Erniewas there, but I never saw him because he was in another room. They grilled me for hours about what had“actually” happened, my mother was not here during this time, I’m not sure where she was. I was trying tostay in control of my emotions as I had been taught, but I was still visibly distraught. During thisinterrogation session Linda Phelps asked me if I had enjoyed it when Ernie raped me. I forcefully said no!The Phelps and my mother then told me that I would be moving into the “prophet’s chamber” in the Phelpshouse until they sent me away. I cried and begged to go and stay at my grandparents’ house in Texas, but wastold that I wasn’t even allowed to tell my grandparents that I was pregnant or that I was going to be living inColorado. I did not want to go to Colorado to live with people who I didn’t even know and I made that veryclear to both the Phelps and my mother.Chuck Phelps then told that I was going to be put up for church discipline. He also said that I neededto write a statement asking the church members to forgive me for my “part” in the whole situation. I told him

Activity (3)

You've already reviewed this. Edit your review.
1 hundred reads
1 thousand reads
Caleb Cromwell liked this

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->