A range of Ferrero chocolates benefit from the advertising of the Rocher type. Thesedifferent chocolates are sold separately, and also as boxed collections of mixed types.
– a whole hazelnut, coated in milk chocolate, surrounded by'Nutella' filling, and encased in a nut croquante.
– a 'pearl' of dark chocolate, surrounded by a dark chocolatecream, encased in a croquante and encrusted with dark chocolate chips.
– a half almond, surrounded by meringue and milk cream,encased in coconut wafer coated with coconut flakes.
Ferrero Garden (Coconut)
– a half almond, surrounded by coconut cream,encased in wafer coated with coconut flakes, and topped with white chocolateicing cap.
Ferrero Garden (Lemon)
– as above, but with lemon cream centre andflavouring, and lemon icing cap.
Ferrero Garden (Forest Fruits)
– as above, but with strawberry & raspberrycream centre and flavouring, and strawberry icing cap.
Ferrero Garden (Pistachio)
– as above, but with pistachio cream centre andflavouring, and pistachio icing cap. Note on spelling
Ferrero Garden (Almond)
– as above, but with almond cream centre andflavouring, and almond icing cap.
Ferrero Garden (Hazelnut)
– as above, but with nutella-type centre, and a whitechocolate icing cap.
– a chocolate cream centre, within a wafer sphere coated withhazelnut pieces.The Rocher always bears a golden coloured wrapper, the Rondnoir a dark brownwrapper, and the Garden a silver wrapper with an illustration of the flavour under thename tag—for example, a strawberry, or a coconut.
In most English-speaking countries, Ferrero have concentrated on advertising the Rocher chocolate, and allowed the associated recognition of their company brand name to sellother Ferrero chocolate types. In the United Kingdom the 1990s advertisement series based upon a party in a European ambassador's official residence has been repeatedly parodied in popular culture (see references in the section below) and taken on areputation for having limited artistic value.
Nonetheless, the extent of popular reproduction and mimicking must suggest a high degree of success in strict advertising