ABDT4104 Retail & Distribution Strategy Tutorial 12 Answer 20 December 2010
to consumers about the nature of the shopping experience. They also affectcustomers
in their decisions to buy merchandise from a retailer. Finally, brands can
. Strong brand names can affect the customers decision-making process, motivaterepeat visits and purchases, and build loyalty.
aid impersonal communicationsa.
- a form of paid communication to customers using impersonal mass media.b.
- offer extra value and incentives to customers to visit a store/ purchasemerchandise during a specific period of time.i.
- sales promotion program comprising numbers of sales promotiontechniques build around a seasonal, cultural, sporting, musical or other event.ii.
n store demonstrations
- free samples of merchandise to build excitement in storeand stimulate purchase.iii.
- promotional games of skills/ chances.iv.
- offer discount on price of specific item at the time of purchase at the store.v.
- temporary store fronts that exist for only a limited time andgenerally focus on new product/ limited group of products offered by a retailers,manufacturer/ service provider.c.
- the combination of the stores physical characteristics. Examplearchitecture, layout, sign and display, colour, lighting, temperature and sound.d.
- retailer use their websites to build brand image, inform customers of storelocation, special events, the availability of merchandise in local stores and sell merchandiseand services.e.
- used website devoted to community building.
t offers opportunity forcustomers with similar interest to learn about product and services that support theirhobbies and share information.
aid personal communicationa.
- it is a communication process in which salespeople help customers satisfiedtheir needs through face-to-face exchange of information.b.
- sends of message over the internet.c.
- brochure, catalog, advertisement/ other printed marketing material delivered tocustomer through mail or private delivery company.d.
- involve communicating via hand phone/ personal digital assistants (
Unpaid impersonal communicationa.
- communication through significant, unpaid presentation about retailer, usually anews story in impersonal media. Example newspaper and TV coverage.
Unpaid personal communicationa.
- communication between people about a retailer. This can be favorable ordetrimental to a retailer.
- communication strategy in which consumer use the internet to engage inshopping process by exchange preferences throughand opinions among friend and family.Retailers enlarge customers to post review of products they have bought or used.