• Ten winners in each
(A total of twenty winners in all.)
One Grand Prize
in each of the 5 themes.
• A fteen day all-expenses-paid vacation to select destinations in India for
• 4-week internship for two selected winners with Financial Times.
• Shortlisted entries to be compiled into a book of Essays to be published by
INDIA Future of Change and its partner. Te book will be circulated at theINDIA Future of Change event planned on the sidelines of the Annual Meeting
of the World Economic Forum 2011 in Davos, Switzerland 26-30, January 2011.
Rules o ParticipationEligibility
• Entry to the contest is open to all students.
• e participant must ensure he/she registers and submits for the correct category
i.e. International segment or National segment of the Essay Writing Contest.
Submission in an incorrect category will lead to disqualication.
• e participant must be an enrolled student in any school/college/institute
and be above 18 years or under 32 years of age as on 31 December 2010.• Participation is open to individuals only.
• e essay should be in English or in a language of your choice.
• e essay should be in 3000 words or less.
• e essay should include a title and word count.
• e essay should be submitted electronically
31 January 2011
, 1200 hrs GMT.
• e essay should be submitted as a .doc or .docx Word format.
• e submission should contain the candidate’s
~ full name
~ e-mail id
~ nationality and~ date of birth
More detailed biographical information may later be requested from the shortlisted
• Each participant can submit a maximum of one entry for each of the contest themes.
Each participant can thus send up to 5 entries.
• Submitted entries should be unpublished, original work of the participant.• Submitted entries that have been awarded at other competitionswill not be considered eligible for entry and will face immediate disqualication.
e essay will be judged on the relevance and the quality of perspective presented withinthe context of the contest theme.