• Skeptics believe that pesticides on the crops are safe, genetically modified foods are safe, and t
hatany chemical food additive approved by the FDA is also safe. There is no advantage to buying organicfood, they claim.
• Skeptics believe that water has no role in human health other than basic hydration. Water is inert,
they say, and the water your toilet is identical to water from a natural spring (assuming the chemicalcomposition is the same, anyway).
• Skeptics believe that all the phytochemicals and nutrients found in ALL plants are
, havingabsolutely no benefit whatsoever for human health. (The ignorance of this intellectual position isbreathtaking...)
• Skeptics believe that the moon has no influence over life on Earth. Farming in sync with moon
cycles is just superstition, they say. (So why are the cycles of life for insects, animals and humans tiedto the moon, then?)
• Skeptics believe that the SUN has no role in human health other than to cause skin cancer. They
completely deny any healing abilities of light.
• Skeptics believe that Mother Nature is incapable of synthesizing medicines.
Only drug companiescan synthesize medicines, they claim. (So why do they copy molecules from nature, then?)
• Skeptics do not believe in intuition. They believe that mothers cannot "feel" the emotions of their
infants at a distance. They write off all such "psychic" events as mere coincidence.
• Skeptics believe that all healing happens from the outside, from doctors and technical
interventions. They do not believe that patients have any ability to heal themselves. Thus, they donot ascribe any responsibility for health to patients. Rather, they believe that doctors and techniciansare responsible for your health. Anyone who dismisses doctors and takes charge of their own healthis therefore acting "irresponsibly," they claim.
• Skeptics believe that cell p
hone radiation poses absolutely no danger to human health. A personcan be exposed to unlimited cell phone radiation without any damage whatsoever.
• Skeptics believe that aspartame and artificial chemical sweeteners can be consumed in unlimited
quantities with no ill effects.
• Skeptics believe that human beings were born deficient in synthetic chemicals and that the role of
pharmaceutical companies is to "restore" those deficiencies in humans by convincing them toswallow patented pills.
• Skeptics believ
e that you can take unlimited pharmaceuticals, be injected with an unlimitednumber of vaccines, expose yourself to unlimited medical imaging radiation, consume an unlimitedquantity of chemicals in processed foods and expose yourself to an unlimited quantity of environmental chemical toxins
with absolutely no health effects whatsoever!
All the beliefs listed above were compiled from "skeptics" websites. (I'm not going to list thosewebsites here because they don't deserve the search engine rankings, but you can find them yourself through Google, if you wish.)