ROYal CanaDian leGiOn #28
1032 Main Street, Hampton
Sorry members and readers – we missed the lastissue o the Herald and or that we apologize toyou. Te Branch is now active or the year. Teocers elected or the year 2011 are: President– Jean Dixon; 1
Vice-Pres. – Lyla McCrea; 2
Vice-Pres. – Joan Scribner; reasurer – HelenCampbell; Secretary – Blanche Jones.
- every second Monday o the monththe Branch General meeting is at 7:00pm, all members are invitedto attend. I you wish to become a member, we will welcome you.
– Hampton Lions Club Bingo at 5:30pm.
– “Aernoon Seniors” have begun again and meetat 1:00pm with a meal served at 4:00.
Country Style Brunch
- 9:00am-12:00noon every second Sunday (
). Te Brunches are rom 9:00am until 12:00noonand everyone is welcome; come along with your amily andriends to enjoy a delicious meal. A 50/50 draw is also oered.We also have a ‘ree’ breakast draw.
– Please call 832-4633 and leave a message andyour call will be returned as soon as possible.I you are a Veteran or the spouse o a Veteran and eel youare entitled to assistance rom Veterans Aairs Canada, pleasecontact our Service Ocer, Bob Jones, at 832-9899.Contact the Legion and leave a message or any urtherinormation you may require - 832-4633.
DeaCOn’s CupbOaRD upDate
Te Deacon’s Cupboard Food Bank on the Kingston Peninsulawishes to thank all those who donated so generously to us in thepast year and particularly at Christmas. We especially thank thechurches on the Peninsula or their on-going support and look orward to your generous support in 2011. Without you all wewould nd it dicult to carry on our work.A reminder that the Food Bank and the Clothing Bank locatedin the Kingston Parish Hall are open on
mornings rom9:00am until 12:00noon. I you wish to have urther inormationabout the Food Bank, please call Linda urgeon at 832-4487.
CaRDs - COMe JOin tHe Fun
Evening o cards at the Norton Shore Community Centre -Cribbage on
7:30pm, and Auction 45’s -
at7:30pm. Rereshments Served.