© 2002 EmpowerMe!Online - www.empowermeonline.com
1.Prepare to learn
- Give yourself ample time to prepare for a learning session. Sit comfort-ably. Relax. Take several deep breaths and calm your mind. It will be more ready to absorbnew ideas.
2.Learn “on purpose”
– Be here for you! See this as an opportunity to learn about 300practical “How To” ideas to enrich your personal and professional life. These are skills for lifelong employability!
3.Assume the body language of rapid learning
- Sit up straight, lean forward and face thescreen. Be prepared to focus and concentrate throughout. This makes you more alert andincreases retention.
4.Eliminate all distractions
- Put away papers, coffee cups, cell phones, cigarettes and any-thing else that could take your attention away from what you’re learning.
5.Make notes of key words and ideas
- As the video plays; write down the key words andpoints. Evaluate and priorize each action idea.
6.Ideas for Action
- Write down your best “Ideas for Action” and prepare to share these withothers. The video program is designed to stimulate your imagination, and one good ideacould change everything you’re doing. As R.W. Emerson said: “Beware of an idea whosetime has come!”
7.Homework: Complete the “Application Exercises”
- This is a very important part of learn-ing:
what you learned and how you can apply it immediatelyto your personal & professional life.
The best way to really learn something is to teach it to others! You will find thebenefits multiply quite dramatically as you share your knowledge generously with others.