Code No: RA220105
III B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
( Common to Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering,
Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science &
Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science & Systems
Engineering, Electronics & Telematics, Metallurgy & Material Technology,
Electronics & Computer Engineering, Production Engineering and
Time: 3 hours
Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
\ue000 \ue000 \ue000 \ue000 \ue000
1. Explain the di\ufb00erent areas of environmental conservation to which people belonging
to di\ufb00erent disciplines can contribute.
2. Discuss natural resources and associated problems by focusing your attention on:
(a) The unequal consumption of natural resources.
(b) Planning land use.
(c) The need for sustainable life styles.
3. (a) Explain the concept of food chain, food web and ecological pyramid.
(b) Explain the water cycle and what are the problems that arise with disturbances
to the water cycle?
4. (a) Write a brief note on biodiversity and ecosystem diversity.
(b) Explain the evolution of diverse species in an ecosystem.
5. (a) Write a note on hazardous wastes and the environmental problems and health
risks associated with these.
(b) Describe the causes of the Chernobyl Disaster and what are the lessons to be
learnt from this incident?
6. (a) De\ufb01ne watershed management and explain its objectives.
(b) Discuss various water conservation techniques that can be practiced by indi-
7. (a) How is the occurrence of HIV and AIDS linked to environmental health ? How
is it transmitted?
(b) How does it impact the life of a\ufb00ected individuals and how can it be prevented?
8. (a) Explain the aspects to be studied and the procedure for collecting information
when you want to document the environmental features and resource assets
of a water resoure ecosystem during a \ufb01eld visit.
1 of 2