Code No: RR311402
Set No. 2
III B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
Time: 3 hours
Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
\u22c6 \u22c6 \u22c6 \u22c6 \u22c6
1. (a) Classify the clippers and analyze the clipping operation with a neat circuit
(b) What is Clamping circuit theorem and prove that Af / AR= Rf / R.
2. (a) Design an Astable circuit for output amplitude of 15V and square wave fre-
quency of 500Hz. Assume hF E(min) = 50, IC(sat) = 5mA, VC E(sat) = 0V. 
(b) Design a Collector coupled monostable multivibrator using npn Si transistors
to produce a pulse of 200\u00b5 sec width and of amplitude 10V. Assume:
IC(sat) = 10mA, VBE(cutof f) = -1V, BVEBO = 6V, VC E(sat) = 0.3V, VBE(sat)
= 0.7V, and hF E(min) = 30. Show the circuit diagram with all the component
3. (a) Explain how transistor will act as a switch and explain the switching charac-
teristics of a transistor.
(b) Draw the characteristics of CE con\ufb01guration and explain how VC E(sat) varies
with respect to di\ufb00erent load resistances.
4. Explain the properties of EX-OR gates and prove the following
(a) IfA\u2295 B = 0 then A=B.
(b) ifA\u2295 C =B\u2295 C then A=B
(c) A\u2295 B = A\u2032\u2295 B\u2032.
5. (a) Implement a Full Adder with two 4x1 Multiplexers
(b) Construct a 16x1 Multiplexer with two 8x1 Multiplexers and one 2x1 Multi-
6. (a) What is the di\ufb00erence between a combinational circuit and a sequential cir-
cuit? Give some examples and applications of both?
(b) Draw and explain a clocked RS-FF with the help of truth table and output
7. (a) Explain in detail about the operations involved in an universal shift register
with timing diagrams?
(b) What is modulus related to counters. Draw and explain the operation of a
MOD-8 counter with the help of timing diagrams?
8. (a) Explain brie\ufb02y the 4 to 10 line decoder.
1 of 2