Exercitii cu constructiile verbale
1. I expected you to come earlier. 2. He wanted me to help him. 3. She made me understandwhat had happened. 4. I think him to be a good husband. 5. I heard her scold/scolding her child. 6. John admitted the fault to be his. 7. I rely on you to lend me some money. 8. Iwatched them playing football. 9. I saw him speaking to his friend. 10. Mother would like meto become a doctor. 11. I understand her to be a very good teacher. 12. 1 knew him to be avery busy man. 13. I saw some children playing in the park. 14. I supposed him to be able todrive a car. 15. He made me miss the train.
1. This problem is too difficult for me to solve. 2. This is a good book for you to read. 3.This fact is important for you to bear in mind. 4. This is a valuable piece of advice for you totake. 5. The time has come for us to have a heart to heart talk. 6. The people were impatientfor the match to begin. 7. I have closed the window for you not to catch a cold. 8. This is themain thing for us to do. 9. I ordered a taxi for her not to miss the train. 10. This is a strangething for her to have said.
1. It is necessary for him to be present. 2. It is recommendable for you to read this book. 3.It’s time for us to meet again. 4. It’s time for you to start learning foreign languages. 5. It is possible for the plane to be delayed. 6. It is impossible for him to have said that. 7. It is possible for me to buy a car. 8. It is advisable for you to resign. 9. It is important for you tocome to the office at once. 10. It is necessary for you to study the matter seriously.
1. He is expected to arrive at 2 o’clock. 2. He was heard to repeat it several times. 3. Sheseemed to be satisfied with me. 4. He was expected to resign. 5. She (was) proved to be a liar.6. She was said to be ill. 7. He was believed to be a brilliant surgeon. 8. She was thought to beunable to win the contest. 9. They are sure to have had an argument. 10. She happened tomake three spelling mistakes in her letter.
1. The plane was seen landing. 2. The baby was heard crying. 3. The boy was found breaking the window. 4. She could be heard typing. 5. She was seen lying on the beach. 6. Shewas seen fainting. 7. The peasants were seen working in the field. 8. The child was heard breaking the vase. 9. She was found digging in the garden. 10. The hunters were heardshooting.