1. In recent years, the mayor and City Council have used a mix of revenueincreases and cuts in expenses to balance the city budget. Do you agree?If not, what would you do differently?
Mayor Peyton's irresponsible policy of tax and spend prevents the City fromfulfilling its legal obligation to fully pay for the pensions earned by the City'semployees. To pay for his wasteful spending, he has increased our taxes andimposed fees on us. As the councilman for our district, I would work withresponsible councilmen to expeditiously install in the City a policy of fiscalconservation. This policy would stop the wasteful spending of our taxes andmake unnecessary tax increases and the imposition of fees on us. Eventually thispolicy would enable the City to meet its obligations.
2. Do you support the Jacksonville Journey? Explain your answer.
I have mixed feelings about the Jacksonville Journey, It has it's good points andit's bad points. Unfortunately until the city adopts a fiscal conservative budget itcan not afford to pay for the "Journey"
3. What endorsements have you received?
I have not asked or sought any endorsement. Endorsements come with theimplicit promise that you will meet the needs of the endorser other then theneeds of the tax payers.
4. How much civic activity do you perform outside work?
I was elected chairman by the Republican Party for district 5, I spend over a year performing volunteer work for the residents of district 5.
5. How do you intend to comply with Florida¶s public records andgovernmentin the sunshine laws? If you saw an elected official breaking the sunshinelaw, what would you do?
In the first, I intend to comply by simply just obeying the Law. For the later, Iwould report him or her to the proper authorities.
6. What can you do to help support the clean-up of the St. Johns River?
Will work closer with the River Keeper and similar organizations that work for theprotection of our River.
7. How can you become engaged in the city¶s high murder, infant mortalityand suicide rates?
Work closer with the Sheriff's office.
8. Has consolidation been a good or bad deal for Jacksonville? Please