Welcome to Scribd. Sign in or start your free trial to enjoy unlimited e-books, audiobooks & documents.Find out more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Food Truck Guide 2011[1][1]

Food Truck Guide 2011[1][1]

Ratings: (0)|Views: 217|Likes:
Published by Nick

More info:

Categories:Types, Legal forms
Published by: Nick on Mar 23, 2011
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





A Multi-Departmental Guide
City and County of Denver
Food Truck Guide
Food Truck Businesses
To operate a Food Truck, a business license is required under the class of “Retail Food Establishments, RestaurantMobile.” Environmental Health requires that all Food Trucks, or mobile units, operate in conjunction with a commissarykitchen or other licensed kitchen. Commissary shall mean an approved catering establishment, restaurant, or other ap-proved place in which food, containers or supplies are kept, handled, prepared, packaged or stored.
What you need to get approved...
Pass required inspections:Environmental HealthFire (If propane used on truck)
A completed Af 
davit of Com-missary form. Applicants need tocontract with a local commissary, or may use their own approved com-mercial kitchen if they have one.
Zoning use permit for where ve-hicle will be stored, if in the City andCounty of Denver 
How to get approved...
Apply in person at Excise andLicense
Submit required documents:- Need valid Colorado identification- Complete General businessquestionnaire
Pay fees:- Application Fee: $200.00- License Fee (per year): $125.00
Schedule a licensing inspectionwith the Department of EnvironmentalHealth. Licensing inspections areconducted between 9 am - 11 amevery Wednesday
Upon completion of a satisfactoryinspection, DEH shall approve theaf 
davit and the applicant shall returnthe signed documents to Excise andLicenses to receive a license.
More info...
Excise and Licenseswww.denvergov.org/exciseandlicenses201 West Colfax AveRoom 2.H.9Denver, CO 80202Environmental Healthwww.denvergov.org/phi201 West 14th AveSuite 200Denver, CO 80204References:Denver Revised Municipal Code:Definitions: Section 23-2 (23)Regulations: Section 23-51Fees: Section 32-106.5A Food Truck, or Mobile Retail Food Vendor/Establishment is a readily movable, motorized wheeled vehicle, or a towedwheeled vehicle, designed and equipped to serve food.
What is a Food Truck?ALL FOOD TRUCKS - Business License
Parked on thestreetParked onprivate propertyParked in apublic park As part of alarger public event
 Business LicenseRequired?
 Permit Required? Permit may berequired, see page 2
 two exceptions
 Conditions onlocation andoperationsSee page 2 See page 3 See page 4 Seewww.denvergov.org/doca
Where can I locate a Food Truck and what do I need before operating a Food Truck?
Denver Food Truck Guide
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This Guide should not be used as a substitute for codes and regulations. The applicant is responsible forcompliance with all code and rule requirements, whether or not described in this Guide.
Public Works allows licensed Food Trucks on most streets without a permit; however if parked within 300’ of a public parkor parkway a permit from Department of Parks and Recreation is required.
You can park for vending on anystreet, with the followingexceptions:
Within 20’ of an intersectionwhen making a sale or attemptingto make sale
Any street, alley or public right-of-way within a central businessdistrict de
ned by ordinance (seemap below)
If selling ice cream as more than10% of the gross income from thefood truck, you cannot sell on anyarterial street, collector street or laned highway. (See street typesat www.denvergov.org/LUTP/Func-tionalClassi
What rules apply...
If parked within 300’ of a publicpark or parkway, a permit from theDepartment of Parks and Recre-ation is required. (DRMC Section39-11)
All parking rules must be fol-lowed. For example, you cannotdouble park or park at a meter without paying the required fee. If aparking meter is bagged for a spe-cial event, you can only park there if part of the event
Cannot sell to any person who isstanding in the street
Cannot place anything, includingchairs, tables, and signs on a publicsidewalk or in the street 
More info...
Public Workswww.denvergov.org/publicworks201 West Colfax AveDept. #507Denver, CO 80202References:Denver Revised Municipal CodeChapter 54, Article XII, Section54-675 
FOOD TRUCK PARKED ON THE STREET - Department of Public Works
Food Trucks not allowed in the area below:
Denver Food Truck Guide
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This Guide should not be used as a substitute for codes and regulations. The applicant is responsible forcompliance with all code and rule requirements, whether or not described in this Guide.
FOOD TRUCK ON PRIVATE PROPERTY - Zoning Permit from Development Services
Zoning allows licensed Food Trucks as summarized below:
What rules apply...
Hours:- May only operate up to 4 con-secutive hours each day per zonelot- May operate between 8 am and9 pm only
Location:- Operations are prohibited onundeveloped zone lots and zonelots with unoccupied structures or unpaved surfaces.- Only 1 allowed per zone lot- Must be 200’ from any eatingand drinking establishment- Must be 200’ from any other food truck- Must be at least 50’ from anyResidential Zone District
Other siting, signage and wastedisposal standards apply
How to get approved...
Apply in person
Pay Fees:Permit (good for 1 year): $50Annual Renewal: $50
More info...
Development ServicesEmail: development.services@denvergov.org201 West Colfax AveDept. #203Denver, CO 80202 References:Denver Zoning Codewww.denvergov.org/zoningArticle 11, Section 11.11.14, Re-tail Food Establishment, MobileDe
nition: Article 13, Section13.3 
What you need to get approved...
Zoning Permit is required. Theuse type is “Retail Food Establish-ment, Mobile” 
Where they are allowed...
All S-CC, S-MX, E-RX, E-CC,E-MX, C-MX, Industrial and OS-BZone Districts (www.denvergov.org/zoning).
Allowed in all Downtown ZoneDistricts except Golden Triangle,Arapahoe Square and Civic ZoneDistricts (D-GT, D-AS, D-CV)
Not allowed in ResidentialZone Districts
Where they are allowed...
Current zoning interpretationallows Food Trucks as a temporaryuse in all zone districts
What you need to get approved...
If operating for less than 30 min-utes at a location, no zoning permitis required 
Where they are allowed...
Most Zone Districts (www.denvergov.org/zoning)
What you need to get approved...
Zoning Permit is required. Theuse type is “Bazaar, Carnival, Cir-cus or Special Event” 
What rules apply...
Days:- Max of 12 consecutive days- At least 90 days betweenevents at same location
Hours: 9 am to 11 pm
If in a Residential Zone District,must be a nonprofit or governmen-tal entity only
How to get approved...
Apply in person
Pay Fees:Permit: $10 per event 
Where they are allowed...
Allowed as an accessory use inall zone districts
What you need to get approved...
No zoning permit is required
If operating for more than30 minutes at a location...If operating for less than 30minutes at a location...If a special event, such asa group of food trucks atone location...If providing catering services,and no general sales to thepublic, as part of a privateparty...

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->