19. Planting Seeds or Reaping Harvest?
20. Have I wasted 3 years working for someone else?
21. How much formal education do I need?
22. How important is my degree?
23. What should I do in college?
24. What did you learn in school?
25. Should a programmer get an MBA?
26. Why don't you think an MBA is important?
27. How important is a degree in business?
28. What do you best remember from your MBA?
29. What happens at Toastmasters
30. Why should an MBA learn programming?
31. What are employers looking for?
32. How do you prepare your resume?
33. How to Write a Cover Letter
34. How good are most job applicants?
35. Taking an On-Line Aptitude Test
36. I don't want to take a coding test
37. What will you do for a prospective employer?
38. Should I show my code to an interviewer?
39. Why's it so hard to find good programmers?
40. Why do coding tests?
41. Why do a coding test on a white board?
42. Why do interviewers give code tests?
43. What is an example of an interview test?
44. How can I do better on interview tests?
45. Should I send a Thank You note?
46. How can a company blow a job interview?
47. Why doesn't anyone call me back?
48. Should I go into management?
49. How do you achieve laser focus?
50. My Working Guidelines
51. How to you start a new project?
52. Why do you use such simple tools?
53. How fast do you work?
54. What does your IDE look like?
55. How do you work?
56. How do you stay so jazzed?
57. How do you make better use of your time?
58. How do you split your time up?
59. How do you get unstuck?
60. What's most important about work?
61. How do you get things done?
62. How do you keep track of your thoughts?
63. How do you boost your creativity?
64. How do you stay productive?
65. How do you combat work overload?
66. Why work more hours?
67. Why be fearless?
68. Can programming be boring?
69. How do you manage your time spent?
70. How do you capture good ideas?
71. How do you get good at programming?
72. How do I rise out of the ordinary?
73. You're Not the Problem, the Work Is
74. What are the basic modules in your library
75. Why are you a "caveman" programmer?
76. What tools do you use for analysis?
77. Every Task is Complete or Not Complete
78. Why do you love email?
79. Where do you like to sit in your office?
80. How important is office space?
81. How do you pick the best language for you?
82. What are the advantages of working at home
83. Any other advantages to working at home?
84. How do manage to enjoy working at home?
85. How do you split your programming time?
86. Working at the Library
87. What got you "hooked"?
88. What Matters Most to a Programmer
89. Is programming hard work?
90. Why I Do Not Feel Like a Fraud
91. How do I become addicted to programming?
92. Why do we lose our passion?
93. Why are languages so unimportant?
94. How does age affect programming?
95. How much does age affect ability?
96. My Typical Day
97. Are you glad you became a programmer?
98. How much easier is it for an expert?
99. The Introvert Factor
100. What athlete are you most like?
101. Do you need to "sprint" to get things done
102. Are young programmers better?
103. What's the advantage of working for someone else?
104. Why is it so hard to find programmers?
105. Is there anything good about my job?
106. The Performance Economy
107. Becoming Senior
108. What should an older entrepreneur do?
109. What's hardest about programming?
110. Where did you learn what you need to know?
111. Why didn't you pursue mathematics?
112. Should I keep my day job?
113. How do you balance work with your SO?
114. Have you ever been burnt out?
115. Why were you such a late bloomer?
116. What do your parents think you do?
117. Why are some programmers so condescending?
118. What are the biggest geek myths?
119. Who is a superstar developer?
120. Do you think you have peaked?
121. Why do you program?
122. What are your hardest learned lessons?
123. What have you learned from mentors?
124. Who are the real heros of programming?
126. What if I'm not as good as someone else?
127. It's Never Too Late
128. It Can't Be Done
129. How perfect do you have to be?
130. Are good programmers born or made?
131. What's your greatest life lesson?
132. Are programmers expensive?
133. How far from shore are you?
134. What is "fear of failure"?
135. The Code is the Star
136. How can I be excellent with a day job?
137. How do you put your skills to good?
138. Issues vs. Details
139. How is an issue different from a detail?
140. Living in Two Worlds
141. What are the biggest programming myths?
142. Don't Pull a Teddy Roosevelt
143. Should I learn or build first?
144. What's the big deal with startups?
145. How do you find inspiration?
146. How to Never Say "No"
147. Why I'm a Late Bloomer
148. How does one turn out the way they do?
149. How important to society is your software?
150. What is "Intellectual Horsepower"?
151. The Disconnect Between Us and Them
152. Weakness or Strength?
153. Why use a framework?
154. The Things That Go Without Saying
155. How do you feel about competition?
156. Levels of Pissedoffedness
157. My Favorite Business Quotes
158. How do you collect requirements?
159. How can clever software help customers?
160. What's a minimalist coding style?
161. How do you build something piece by piece?
162. What does a programmer/analyst do?
163. Programming FAQ
164. Are these things really that hard to do?
165. Is becoming a lazy programmer evolving?
166. How are we making this too complicated?
167. How Stuff Gets Done
168. Can waterfall planning work?
169. What makes a programmer senior?
170. Why are relational databases so important?
171. Is software engineering dead?
172. Why is BASIC still OK?
173. When should you rewrite?
174. How can you clean input data?
175. 10 Signs You're a Crappy Programmer
176. Technical Debt
177. Annoyances vs. Requirements
178. What can be optimized?
179. Why pre-develop?
180. Documentation Belongs in the Code
181. What's the best way to assign ID's?
182. Why do you hate bad design so much?
183. Why do you hate old code so much?
184. What makes code crappy?
185. How much software is open source?
186. How far should automation go?
187. Why start your own business?
188. I'm sooo confused
189. The Investor Entrepreneur Chasm
190. How can I get started?
191. What went wrong in your first start-up?
192. Why are details so important?
193. Why are you writing your own software?
194. When do you say "yes"?
195. What drives development?
196. Why would you not launch?
197. Does consulting hurt a software start-up?
198. What do small business owners care about?
199. Product/Market Strategies
200. Differentiate or Die
201. Are the any advantages for single founders
202. How does it feel to be a single founder?
203. What should a business guy have to offer?
204. Where can I get help starting a business?
205. Why should you fire bad customers?
206. How important are ethics?
207. Why are ethics so important?
208. Do you conduct business over meals?
209. What's your favorite start-up book?
210. Willie Sutton would be an Enterprise Programmer
211. What do enterprise people need to know?
212. What is a typical enterprise day like?
213. What's is enterprise IT's biggest fear?
214. Why do excellent programmers leave enterprises?
215. Where are there real problems to solve?
216. How should layoffs be handled?
217. How do you test drive packaged software?
218. Have you ever been a hero at work?
219. Why is SQL so important in enterprises?
220. How did ERP get so screwed up?
221. Why is ERP becoming a dinosaur?
222. How tough is on-line retailing?
223. Why would we want to go faster?
224. When can code review be a problem?
225. Can business software be life critical?
226. How risky is free software?
227. What questions would you ask a new boss?
228. Why do enterprises stifle creativity?
229. Office Pet Peeves
230. User Pet Peeves
231. Do bosses lie?
232. How important is networking?
233. How do you find customers?
234. What do you talk about with prospects?
235. How should I handle a 1st customer meeting
236. How do you tell your story?
237. What Makes the Top 1%?
238. Buying Cycles
239. The Answer is Always "Yes"
240. How do you crack the enterprise world?
241. What are the Spending Authority Cut-Offs?
242. How do you close the deal?
243. How do I close a sale?
244. The One Excuse Not to Network
245. What was your most creative resume?
246. Hacker News Front Page 12/31/2019
247. The Programmer's Aptitude Test
248. If Samuel L. Jackson were a Programmer
249. The Thread Not Traversed
250. Programmers are Practical
251. What if I miss a day of Hacker News?
252. Quality of HN Comments Over Time
253. Some Things Can't be Duplicated On-Line
254. A Time to Work and a Time to Play
255. A Programmer's Poem
256. Little Known Development Methods