Welcome to Scribd. Sign in or start your free trial to enjoy unlimited e-books, audiobooks & documents.Find out more
Standard view
Full view
of .
Look up keyword
Like this
0 of .
Results for:
No results containing your search query
P. 1
Dec '07 SVMC Minutes

Dec '07 SVMC Minutes

|Views: 27|Likes:
Published by martinjones

More info:

Published by: martinjones on Aug 29, 2008
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial


Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOC, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less





SOUTH VILLAGE OWNERS’ ASSOCIATIONManagement CommitteeMINUTESDecember 5, 2007 – Recreation CentreChair – Kelly YoungdalePresent
: Vitor Avila, Denise Dawson, Kim Dawson, Gisèle Devaney, Michael Devaney,Rosina Koutsovasilis, Ken McCafferty, Lloyd Mackey, Susanne Mackey, BeverleyMorgan, Anne Nolet, Lionel Nolet, Mira Oldak, Tony Pasqua, Christine Piché, Rick Piironen, Caroline Proulx, Raymond Rousson, Suzanne Rousson, Frédéric St-Louis, RinoVerzeroli, Robert Wallingford (Co-Chair), Kelly Youngdale (Co-chair).
1.Administrative Procedures
Motioned by Kim Dawson and seconded by Lloyd Mackay, the November 6, 2007 South Village Management Meeting Minutes wereaccepted.
Formal naming of a secretary (article 3.6 of Bylaw No.1), GisèleDevaney was confirmed as the South Village ManagementCommittee’s Recording Secretary.Susanne MacKay will act as backup.
Meeting Protocol - attendees are asked to stay on agenda, make progress on items and are reminded that only Management CommitteeMembers may vote on issues with one vote per lot.
Code of conduct – Attendees are reminded to be respectful of others,every one has a voice and to hold one conversation at a time.
Membership list update – Denise Dawson informed theCommittee that fourteen (14) lots were added to SouthVillage on West Beach Way. This brings the total number of lots to 131 with 90 resident families. Anyone wanting acopy of the list should send an email to Denise Dawson.
Board Members are de facto Management CommitteeMembers as per article 1 of Bylaw No. 4.
ACTION: Denise Dawson to email the Committee List toresidents asking for review and update and new volunteers
2. Finance Committee Report
Update – collection of 2006 and 2007 dues – The letter to all residentswas mailed. Some residents/Builders will receive a letter highlightingunpaid 2007 dues.
Signing Authority Resolution was prepared and signed by thoseconcerned. It will be provided to Pauline Drummond who will deliver it to the TD Bank in Manotick. Two (2) signatures are required toeffect a payment. Invoices will be brought to the ManagementCommittee for approval and signing. Motioned by LloydMackay/seconded by Mike Devaney and Denise Dawson.
3.Communication/Residents’ Directory/Welcoming CommitteeReport
Susanne Mackay reported that updating the Residents’ Directory is anongoing task. Denise Dawson inform the community about ongoingevents/issues.
The South Village Forum site is up and working. Some residents have problems with registering into the forum.
ACTION: Denise to contact the Administrator, Martin Jones, tocheck.
The Welcome Committee continues to meet new resident as they moveinto the community.
The Committee’s 2008 projected budget will be provided to Lionel Nolet.
ACTION: The Management Committee to consult Lionel todetermine if the Management Committee should have its ownbudget.
4.Recreation/Social Committee Report
The 2007 financial report is submitted. An increase to the 2008 budget isrequired because of the increase in the number of residents.The Christmas party was a success and the organizers received severalcongratulatory emails. Any comments from the attendees are welcomed.Gift winners are Robert Wallingford and Martin Coker.
A wine and cheese will be held at the AGM in February 2008.
The January Activity night was cancelled.
All committee members have accepted to stay on for 2008.
5.Community Beautification Committee Report
 No activity to report from this Committee.
This committee needs a leader – already has a few members .
Areas needing attention/tidying up were identified as well as some planting required surrounding the Entrance sign, once installed.
The name of a resident was provided as a possible volunteer.3
6.Physical Plant/Pool Committee Report
The 2008 budget will be provided to Lionel Nolet. The list of physicalrequirements and the parameters of the pool maintenance contract need to be finalised.
Budget projections will be submitted covering the costs associated withthe extension of the pool season impacting heating, chemicals and theneed for an attendant.
Mike Devaney reminded the Committee of the importance that allCommittee budget submissions be available to the ManagementCommittee before any final decisions are made to accommodate identifiedrequirements.
A discussion on the budget will be held in January 2008.
ACTION: Physical Plant/Pool Committee members to provide moreconcrete details and related budget projections regarding the costs andimpacts of extending the pool season for the January SVMC meeting.
The committee is informed that Enbridge Gas noted some infractions tothe Recreation Centre’s pool heater/fence installations and has given theassociation 90 days to correct or the gas may be cut off. Sunset LakesDevelopment will move the heater and fence but stated that they will notcover the costs of reconnecting the gas.
ACTION: 1) Rob Wallingford to contact Dan Anderson to determineif Sunset Lakes Development will cover the cost of reconnecting thegas. 2) Rob will obtain the Site Plan Agreement available from theCity of Ottawa to determine if any other items
were not completed before the SVOA took over responsibility.
Kim Dawson informed the Committee that Sunset Lakes Developmentwill be involved until all the homes are built.
Mike Devaney reminded the Committee that Dan Anderson stated at ameeting about seven (70 months ago, that all assets were transferred toSouth Village. Maybe a lawyer or Lionel Nolet could clarify this situationand the intentions regarding parkland.
Three (3) names were provided as possible volunteers on this committee.Robert Wallingford to contact them.
ACTION: Lloyd Mackay to follow-up with the City regarding thelegal commitments – site plans.
7.Entrance Sign Committee Report
Sunset Lakes will pay for the installation of 2 SV Entrance Signs to amaximum of $20,000. Three (3) designs are being developed for consideration: a rock design, a stone wall/steel design and a steelfence/railing design. Expectations are that a Spring time installation datewill be met..4

You're Reading a Free Preview

/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->