Tips to Prevent Fire Damage
Fire damages have an immense impact both financially and emotionally, and canbe very difficult to recover from. Restoration professionals can assist you torecover some items like furniture, but the best thing to do here is to make surethat there are no chances of fire at home. Prevention, as you know, is alwaysbetter than cure. The most basic thing to do here is to learn different aspects about the commonelements in your home that can start a fire.
1. Avoid using multiple devices from one plug point or extension cord
-One of the major causes of home fire is extension cords and spike power strips. If a single source is used to power numerous electrical and electronic devices thenthere are high possibilities of sparks. A spark can easily take place just by onemere power surge. Sparks can ignite anything nearby which is inflammable. Sothe best thing to do is use separate switch boards to power devices rather thanputting all of them together in one extension cord.
2. Regular checkup of electrical installations and appliances –
Theelectrical wiring coming from the mainboard carry a lot of operations. Electricityflows through these wires so they are a hidden source of heat. This heat caneasily generate fire in the premises of a house. This can happen because of loosecontacts in the switchboxes. Sparks take place due to the loose contact whichultimately results in fire. So the best thing to do here is to conduct regularcheckups every 6 months, in order to avoid catastrophes which can severelydamage a home.
3. Keep inflammable objects away from children -
This is the most basicthing to do in order to prevent fire. Make sure to keep the matches and lightersaway from the children’s reach. Events like this are very unlikely but one shouldstill be very cautious about such matter, as kids are known to be veryexperimental at times.
4. Maintain kitchen stoves -
Gas stoves and kerosene stoves are basic form of kitchen appliances which are known to be very efficient, safe and economical. Butcomplacencies in the kitchen like spilling of food and liquid can cause blackeningof the stove. This might be ignored by a lot of people but the carbon depositsforming on the stove can choke up the gas nozzle and the surface. This piled upcarbon deposit on the stove becomes additional source of fuel which can latercause fire mishaps. So make sure that your stoves are always clean.
5. Avoid gas hose leakage -
Gas hoses are made of a rubber material whichcan be very difficult to maintain due to the busy environment existing in akitchen. Frequent oil spills can cause deterioration of the gas hoses. If there areany leakages in the gas hose then the results can be disastrous. Gas leakage in