CCIE Qualification Test Sample Questions
The samples herein are intended to reflect the type of questions presented on the CCIE Qualification Test. In no way does this sample test reflect the diversity of the true test and Cisco assumes no responsibility for the performance of any person taking the CCIE Qualification Test subsequent to passing this sample.
1. Which layer<s> of the OSI Reference Model provide<s> for internetwork connectivity?
a.Data Link b.Physicalc.Sessiond. Network e.Presentation
2. The DSAP and SSAP of an IEEE 802.2 header both are set to 'AA' hex to indicate:
a.There is routing information included in the packet. b.There is a SNAP header to follow.c.The packet suffered a collision.e .The Ethertype is Localtalk.e.The address was recognized and the frame accepted.
3. In a bridged, IEEE 802.5/Token Ring environment, which combination of bitsindicate to the source that a packet has been forwarded across a bridging device?
a.A is 0, C is 0 and there is a RIF. b.A is 1, C is 0 and RII is 0.c.A is 0, C is 1 and there is no RIF.d.A is 1, C is 1 and RII is 1.e.The question is not applicable in a Token Ring environment.
4. Certain protocols such as SNA, Netbios and LAT are not routable and therefore mustbe bridged or encapsulated because:
a. Native IBM protocols do not conform to the OSI RM stack. b.SNA and Netbios cannot be routed but LAT can.c.They would be too CPU intensive.d.They only run in "batch mode" processes where routing is not an issue.e.These protocols have no explicit network address.
5. What is <are> the purpose<s> of the Spanning Tree Algorithm?