F i n d t h o u s a n d s o f f i n a n c i a l t e r m s a t w w w . f t p a l l . c o m
• Abbreviated ARPS.
Floating rate preferred stock, the dividend on which is adjustedevery seven weeks through a Dutch auction.Authorized stock
• The number of shares of stock that a corporation is permitted to iss
ue. This numberof shares is stipulated in the corporation's state-approved charter, and may bechanged only by a vote of the corporation's stock-holders.Beta equation stocks
• The beta of a stock is determined as follows:[(n) (sum of (xy)) ]
-[(sum of x) (sum ofy)][(n) (sum of (xx)) ]-[(sum of x) (sum of x)]where: n = # of observations (24-60months)x = rate of return for the S&P 500 Index y = rate of return for the stockBlue chip stock
• Stock in a well
-established, financially-sound and stable company that hasdemonstrated its ability to pay dividends in both good and bad times, and has as areputation for quality management, products, and services.Capital stock
• Refers to all the common and preferred shares, if any, for a corporation.• Ownership shares of a company, consisting of all common and preferred
• These are securities that represent equity ownership in a company. Common
shares let an investor vote on such matters as the election of directors. They alsogive the holder a share in a company's profits via dividend payments or the capitalappreciation of the security.
• A share of ownership in a corporation; stockholders participate in the profits or
losses of a company through dividends and changes in the stock s market price.
• Is the shareholder's equity stake in a corporation. Sometimes, there are different