IT-309PARALLEL ARCHITECTURE AND COMPUTINGPREREQUISITES: -
. This course offers a good understanding of the various functionalunits of a computer system and prepares the student to be in a position to design abasiccomputer system.
COURSE CONTENTS1. Introduction and Classification of Parallel Computer [8%]
Parallel processing terminology, Flynn's and Hndler's classifications, Amdahl¶slaw.
2. Pipelined and Vector Processors [12%]
Instruction pipelining, Reservation table, Data and control hazards and methods toremove them
3. SIMD or Array Processors [12%]
Various interconnection networks, Data routing through various networks,Comparison of Various networks, Simulation of one network another.
4. MIMD and Multi Processor Systems [12%]
Uniform and non-uniform memory access multi processors, Scheduling in multiprocessors systems, Load balancing in multi processors systems.
5. PRAM model of Parallel Computing and Basic Algorithms [7%]
PRAM model and its variations, Relative powers of various PRAM models.
6. Parallel Algorithms for Multi Processor Systems [25%]
Basic construction for representing PRAM algorithm, Parallel reductionalgorithm, Parallel prefix computing, Parallel list ranking, Parallel merge, Brent'stheorem and cost optimal algorithm, NC class of parallel algorithms.
7. Parallel Algorithms for SIMD and Multi Processor System [4%]
Introduction to parallel algorithms for SIMD and Multi Processor System