- to scoop small amounts of a solidsubstance and to scrape something.
- used to channel liquid or fine-grained substances into containers with a smallopening.
- used to mix chemicalsand liquids for laboratory purposes
- to add liquid to an existingsystem of apparatus.
- used totransport a measured volume of liquid.
- used to measure onespecific volume.
- used to measure the volumeof the liquid dispensed.
- used especially inlaboratory procedures for accurate fluiddispensing and measurement.
- a tool for measuringprecise volumes of a liquid.
- used in the same wayas Mohr pipettes except all the solution must beforced out in the receiving container to deliverrequired volumes.
- used to accuratelymeasure the volume of a liquid.
- Used to hold and heat liquids.
- used for heating substancesthat needs to be heated evenly.
- used to heat and storeliquids.
- used for the wet chemicalanalysis
- used to heat andevaporate liquids.17.Porcelain Casserole
- used to hold solids whenbeing weighed or transported.
- primarily used to hold smallquantities of substances which are undergoingdirect heating by a Bunsen burner or other heatsource.
- used to heat smallquantities to very high temperatures.
– Used to hold the crucible
- used for distillationprocesses.
- used in distillation
- a device that connects thecondenser and the receiving flask in a distillationprocess.
- used by chemists to hold, mix, orheat small quantities of solid or liquid chemicals,especially for qualitative experiments and assays.
Test Tube Rack
- is used to hold testtubes while reactions happen in them or whilethey are not needed.
– used to hold the iron ringand supports.
– used to hold or supportbeakers during experiments while connectedto the iron stand.
– three-legged support equipmentused to place above the bunsen burner in thescience lab to heat/boil anything.
- used to fastenglassware into place on a ring stand
- used to hold crucibleswhen they are being heated.
- used to secure anextension-type utility clamp to a supportstand (or ring stand)
Mortar & Pestle
- used to crush solidsinto powders for experiments, usually tobetter dissolve the solids.
- used for heating andexposing items to flame.
– Used to heat things.
Wing Top/Fish Tail
- used to bend glassas it spread out the heat over a larger area,making it more uniform.
- used to spread heat of aburner flame
- tool for cutting a hole in acork or rubber stopper to insert glass tubing.
- used to take temperatureof solids, liquids, and gases.
- used for preservingmoisture-sensitive items.
- used when you'remaking up a standard solution.
- used for many cuts,such as cutting angles less than 90 degrees.
- use to culture cells, whichcan be bacteria, animal, plant, or fungus.
– Used for observing smallamounts of solids.
- used to easily cleanthe inside of a test tube.
- used to regulate or close aflexible tube, especially in laboratoryapparatus.
– used for moving air,fluids, etc. by suction
- is used to connect twoopenings.
- used in liquid-liquidextractions to separate (
) thecomponents of a mixture between twoimmiscible solvent phases of differentdensities.